Looking for information on the Corrupt

Alavatar

Baron
Greetings folks of Gaden!

I am Alavatar Peece, Red Wizard and Master Celestial Ritualist. My current land of residence, Tarndale in the Valley of Ghosts, has creatures known as "Corrupt" and they seem to have lived in this valley for centuries. I wonder if there is a connection between the Corrupt my friends and I face and the ones plaguing your lands, or if it is merely a coincidence that we have enemies of a similar nebulous name.

The Corrupt in Tarndale seem to be ritually mutated Sarr; they have been granted supernatural strength, naturally tough skin that acts similarly to armor, cannot speak the common tongue, are capable of resisting magic, may cast their spell trees as if all their spells have the Magic Augmentation High Magic, are vulnerable to Ice and healed by Flame. They also have red eyes that glow when the move, but are extremely adept at stealth. They are very intelligent and organized, capable of developing and implementing tactics to ensure resurrection of the adventurers in the area with efficiency.

Is it possible these creatures are related to the Corrupt you are encountering?

Regards,
Alavatar Peece
Guildmaster of the Brotherhood of the Star

Master Peece,

I don't know offhand if they are but if you would like we can discuss in private.

Fern Woods

I would need 2-3 tissue and bone samples from the infected in order to confirm the infection is that of Corruption proper. Get these to me and you will have an answer.

-Gabriel Di Greoni

Or you could listen to his description and realize that his Corrupt are nothing like the Corrupt of these lands. They are not stealthy, they do not cast magic, they are not Sarr-Gorbe, they do not speak any language, they do not have any elemental affinity, and they're not intelligent in any traditional sense of the word. The Corrupt are a horde of cursed creatures all linked in one vast hive-mind that plague most of the Sheltered Lands.

Briar of First Forest

Alavatar Peece,

I believe, while similar in name; as Briar described, both are quite different. I hope your threat is not too dire, as I would hate to know of another land in conflict.

-Asher

To all,

Thank you very much for the prompt information! While I am relieved that our foes are not common, that the Corrupt my friends and I are facing have not traveled the Mist to another kingdom, I am sad to hear of the devastating power of your Corrupt foes.

Even though the nature of our foes are different it seems their common name is well deserved; they are both vicious and vile enemies that none should suffer.

Thank you, again, for sharing your information on the subject. If your war is still on-going next year I may try to make my way to your kingdom to offer what help I can.

Regards,
Alavatar Peece

While, yes they do not have many of the common traits of our corrupt, I still open my offer of a full battery of all known tests on any tissue or bone matter you could provide. I have hypothesis about the power behind our land's corruption and I will need samples of other lands' mutations to confirm it.

~Gabriel Di Greoni

Gabriel.
If you need help getting test subjects let me know.
I would be more than happy to go and get corrupt samples with you.
Aldorian.

Greetings Master Peece,

We have been at war with our Corrupt for years, and should you wish to join us in our struggle against them you are welcome. I understand that you have your battles to face as well, so consider it an open invitation. Should your situation become dire, please inform us and we will dispatch aid insomuch as we can at the time.

Walk with Honor,
~Squire Victor von Gryphon of Shademarch

Back