New players

Dadde

Me and my best friend are both over 18 and looking to join a larp group.. we are from the harrisburg area and looking to make characters. We will probably end up NPCing our first few times to get the jist of things but any help in weapons and costumes would be amazing :)

Hey there! My name's Kris, and I'm you're friendly AGB customer service rep/person who points you in other people's directions/tiny helper elf. :)

Because you plan to NPC your first few events, you'll have an awesome opportunity to see the range of costuming represented in the game, which I suspect will help you get some ideas as well. You'll only need some all-black clothing to NPC, too, so that means you've got a little time.

Weapons-wise, there are some latex weapons that are safe for our game but if you want to go that route I'd recommend finding links and asking about them here on the forums first - I think folks touched on that in your other thread in HQ, but it bears repeating because nothing sucks more than buying a thing and finding out it doesn't pass our safety rules. Calamacil-brand weapons rarely pass inspection in any chapter, so I'd avoid them in general - they are really hard and only get harder in cold weather.
If you'd rather make your own weapons, a lot of us can answer any basic questions you might have Scott, our head of rules, and Joe, one of our safety marshals, are both great resources for this (Scott goes by "Castlebur" on the forums, I think; Joe goes by "Simon" and reached out to you in your HQ thread).

Costuming can be as crazy or simple a task as you want it to be, but if you have any questions you want to ask to help you get some ideas, feel free - we're here to help you.

Feel free to follow up with any questions. You can also feel free to PM me if you need anything - I like doing my job.
Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Alliance!

Hi there! I'm Scott the Head of Rules at Aliiance Gettysburg. If you have any rules questions that I can help you with feel free to PM me on here.

Back