October Donation Needs (Updated as we go)

Lurin

Duke
As we are starting to flesh out the October event we wanted to start getting donations needs and wants up early so folks can start working on things if they want to. If you are sure you'll be providing anything below please let us know at info@mnalliance.com (do not post publically, as we do not want people to stop or avoid working on things) and we'll remove things from this list once we believe we'll have enough/can't use more.

Significant Costumes (Could use multiples of each to be able to mix and match/use in the future)

1.) Bestial Shamanish, ideas on these images - http://images.mmosite.com/feature/warha ... aman01.jpg, http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/FR_AR ... Sengal.jpg
2.) Wylderkin costuming - Badgerkin mostly for upcoming plotline plans, masks would be great.
3.) Armor Reps - Adjustable is best

Basics

1.) Spell and Alchemy packets (like always)
2.) Arrow packets - These MUST be made of a solid blue color, with 12 inch streamers so we can use them under current and future rules
3.) Bulk white head bands for npc camp.

Less Basic

1.) Books, journals - for Plot reps, and potential loot reps

Weapon Reps (in order of priority)

1.) Claws - Short Sword length (40+ could be used, seriously) ^.^
2.) Claws - Long Sword length (10 or so)
3.) Claws - Bites - (2-4)
4.) Basic Longswords - (10 or so)
5.) Basic Short Swords and blunts - (10 or so of each)
6.) Shields (5 or so)
7.) Long bow reps (10 or so...don't ask I'm looking ahead)
8.) Cross bows any size (4 or so)
9.) Two Handed Weapons/Polearms - whatever you like making - 4 of each type or so.
10.) MI Type weapons - Fancier looking with symbols, you make we'll use it, Ideally should be a long sword/blunt length, we'd like to avoid more short length drops if we can.

Cold Weather Specific

1.) Loans of Space Heaters - For monster camp (which opens and closes often, and keeps the foam weapons warm)
2.) Hand Warmers

More to come, you might see other plot and logistic folks post below, and I'll update this master list as we go.

What is SoMN's packet/gob ratio?

3 packets to a Goblin, 2 arrow packets to a goblin

I actually bought a really neat blanket that looks like furs that would go great for shamanistic attire, but my problem is the tailoring part, turning it into a cloak or rat pants.

otherwise, what kind of armor are ye lookin for? i can provide studded leather greaves, bracers, and then some others adapted to upper legs if that is acceptable, torso armor would be something i needed help with. but let me know about how many physreps of limb armor you would like, or a minimum to give me a better idea of how to provide.

i can totally donate all the white headbands you need. even ones without the Harbors Far logo :) just let me know about how many

Where can I go to find out about the future rules of packet creation (and other things)?

Packets should be made with 1 film canister's worth of bird seed (no large seeds such as sunflowers, or spiky seeds such as thistle). This is placed in the middle of a 6" square of fabric and rubber banded closed.
Colors not useable in spell packets: Blue and Orange.
All Alchemy packets are Orange.

I'm so tempted to comment on this one, but I know I shouldn't, curse my knowledge!

Would you perhaps need a turtle kite?

For making packets... I use a coffee scoop to measure the bird seed. For the seed I use Millet, which is small and round. That seems to work pretty well.

Terrel said:
I'm assuming then that all arrow/bolt packets are made with blue fabric w/ tail? When I head down to Chicago I need to make some bolts and I just want to verify.

Arrows need a 12 inch 'streamer', bolts a 6 inch streamer behind them.

The reason we are saying make them blue ladys and gents is after April 1st 2011, arrow packets much be blue but will no long require streamers, so this way we can just cut the strings and keep on using the arrows.

Also so everyone is aware, the Significant Costume items will receive a higher than normal Goblin Stamp award as they are specifically requested.

We really need to have some good costuming around the Bestial Shaman and the Wylderkin. Please contact me if you plan on donating either of those things so we can plan appropriately! Can't wait to see you all soon, and don't forget to come out to the work weekend next weekend!

~paige
GM SoMN Alliance LARP

gm@mnalliance.com

dragonfire8974 said:
wasn't there a call for some coinage sometime ago? like some copper?

Yes, and we've replinish our coin supply since then (That was one of the things we held the fundraiser to do) Although it is ALWAYS a nice thing to trade up your basic coins at logistics (just let us know so we can make the exchange fast and painless) IE copper to silvers and silvers-gold (or even coppers - gold if you have enough)

I've revised the list above with more monster camp wants to help ensure we've got enough to keep our npcs equipped, and to get a jump on next year/future needs.

Friendly reminder let us know if you are sure you'll fill some of the above needs so we can update the list and avoid getting 400 short claws and no longswords :mrgreen:

Another donation request:

Hand warmers (also, pick some up for yourselves, it will likely get chilly at the event)

Lurin said:
dragonfire8974 said:
wasn't there a call for some coinage sometime ago? like some copper?
Yes, and we've replinish our coin supply since then (That was one of the things we held the fundraiser to do) Although it is ALWAYS a nice thing to trade up your basic coins at logistics (just let us know so we can make the exchange fast and painless) IE copper to silvers and silvers-gold (or even coppers - gold if you have enough)
Yeah, 'cause I know one guy who wants you to drop more copper as loot. ;)

If one were to construct claws and one-handed weapons with pvc/pvc foam, what diameter pvc pipe does Logistics prefer and do they all still require "waylay" tips?
Also, are the "bite" claws dagger length?

OrcFighterFTW said:
Also, are the "bite" claws dagger length?
Bites are 2-hander length claws.

Also note, ultra light weapons receive a 50% increase in goblin stamps rewarded. light weapons means less tired npc and more fun for you!

~paige

Mike and I have a space heater that we can loan out, so long as it doesn't get broken and we get it back (because we use it for our heating during winter).

Back