Stacked Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wording of the Spirit Store ritual:
A spirit stored within a golem body would have that body's full abilities in addition to their own. Memories, skills and knowledge are transferred with the spirit.
The wording of the Spirit Vessel ritual:
If the spirit is stored in a golem body the spirit will acquire the physical abilities (but not the memories, skills or knowledge) of the golem body (such as strength or threshold) in conjunction with its own (though it is not cumulative). Memories, skills and knowledge are transferred with the spirit.
While for different rituals, the Spirit Vessel ritual imposes the additional restriction that the physical properties of the creature and the golem body aren't cumulative. I believe this to be the intent of the Spirit Store ritual as well, but it's not actually spelled out in the text.

My question is this:
When determining physical properties of creatures in golems (specifically High Magicking someone into a Master Construct), do any abilities/attributes stack? Are any ignored completely? That is, if a creature with strength 6 is stored in a golem body that was created to have strength 4, does the creature swing an extra +4 (for the body that it is in), an extra +6 (the better of the two) or an extra +10 (the 'cumulative value')? What I'd like is a general ruling, so we don't have to ask once each for strength, threshold, immunities, vulnerabilities, 'heals from,' etc.

This post is to inform you that your question is currently being discussed by the ARC and once some clarification has been made will be posted here. Depending on the level of clarification and discussion (and potential involvement of the Owners or other national staff, if needed) this may take time.

The intent of Spirit Store is that *only* PC skills will transfer.

In other words, when any creature is using a Spirit Store ability to hop into a golem body, take a look at their skills and for each one ask "is this a PC-purchasable skill?" If the answer is no, they don't get it in the golem body.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back