The Revival of Puxil Cove

koremorleth

This past market gathering, I spoke with Dramthin Hartsboon regarding the possible ways that corruption has wriggled its way into Puxil Cove, as he had some pertinent information regarding my budding investigations. Based on the things that I learned while investigating my new city and what I learned at market, these are what I have deemed most important to look into first:

1. The Dock Master
- Secure legal documentation and evidence of corruption in Puxil Cove.
- Goods are being allowed to pass through without inspection, likely for a fee.
- Investigate the types of goods being allowed through without inspection, what merchant guilds they are being moved with.

2. Smuggling in Puxil Cove
- Investigate the Dawn's Reach Orphanage, it is being used as a front for money laundering in the city. Baroness Bancroft also brought it to my attention at dinner on Saturday. It's an orphanage with no orphans.
- Investigate Charlotte Undina, the head of the Orphanage.

3. Improving Infrastructure

- Replace and repair the damaged roads in Puxil Cove, which have been sorely neglected due to the diversion of tax money away from its intended purpose.
- Supplies and labor will need to be sought out and purchased for this endeavor: brick, cement, dirt, stonemasons, bricklayers, etc.
- Funding will need to be established for laborer/apprentice fees and wages for the physical labor of removing the old road and putting in the new. Countess Thorn may be able to offer some assistance in this regard.

At this time, these are the things that are most pressing. If anyone has any leads or would like to assist (IBGA material), please send a message to Puxil Cove.

Last edited:
Lady Morleth,

I applaud your plan for rebuilding the infrastructure of your estate. I do know some Masters who would be willing to lend their expertise to the cause if we can come to an understanding on their apprentice fees.

However, a note on your notes. My research suggests that Charlotte Undina is the owner of the Dawn's Refuge, the orphanage with neither wards nor staff. While the case has not been brought before the Ducal seat, it does appear she is laundering money. Though from what illicit enterprise and to what end is unknown.

The Dockmaster of Eryport is a separate issue. He appears to be allowing certain goods to pass without inspection or tax stamp, presumably for a fee.

I have not pursued the issues on either as I am not in a position to push the suit in your lands, and, perhaps more to the point, the case would be fragile without more corroboration. However I, and my lord, Viscount William Cecil, would be happy to assist you in the endeavour.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Tomebearer, Vicomte Rosen
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Tomekeeper Hartsboon,

Thank you for the clarification. Your input and assistance has thus far been invaluable and I hope we can continue to aid one another in our endeavors. I will, of course, be more than happy to accept your proposal of assistance. These tasks are much more complex than my previous ones, and will definitely require the aid of others like yourself.

I'll keep you updated on what I find in regards to corruption. I look forward to working with you!

Best,
Lady Kore of Puxil Cove

Dramthin,

As a quick clarification, my main concern is the Dockmaster of Puxil Cove. If the Dockmaster in Eryport is doing something similar, then that means there is widespread corruption, which wouldn't surprise me, given that whilst Duke Nolan was still awake he was siphoning tax money away from Puxil Cove, Eryport, and Beles. Which perhaps indicates that there is a corrupt dockmaster in Beles as well.

It does strike me as interesting that even now, four years after Duke Nolan fell into a coma, money is still being diverted away, despite Countess Thorn making changes like switching from the GTC to the Starr Merchants for major shipments in and out of the Duchy.

Something to keep in mind, certainly.

Lady Kore

Back