Event Review Dungeon Run-

Status
Not open for further replies.

mythic

Baron
**NPCs - Do not post here. Let us know if you had any highlights or concerns in the NPC FB group. Thanks! **

1. How did the run go for you and your group?
2. If there was a highlight in your run, what was it?
3. If there was a low point in your run, what was it?
4. When you flipped to Monster Camp, were you given good instructions as to what you were doing for the next run? If not, what could we have done to prepare you better? (Please note, we cannot release mods ahead of time.)
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character

Posting rules: respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.
Reviews get you 15 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

1. For our run, everything went great I think. We had one person drop out, and one added at the last minute. The puzzles and challenges were fun and clever, the fight was fun, and I got to feel smart! The puzzles this month were a million times better than the ones last month. And honestly? Of the three DRs that I've been on the past few years, this was the best one. Hell, this was the most fun I've had at LARP since October or so.
2. Finally figuring out the solution in the elemental room. The proctor had given us 4 hints before each room, mentioning a different element each time. Once we got to fighting elementals, it took us a few rounds before it clicked what we had to do.
3. Outside of being terrible PCs and not remembering the Proctor's name? Nope! Could have done with a little more RP, but that's to be expected for the DR .
4. N/A. Was on the last run, which is sad.
5. "And the final question," the Proctor spoke in his cold, emotionless tone, "What is my name?"

Ruki's eyes went wide. This had only been the second time meeting the proctor, and at no point had they exchanged names. After the shock wore off, he couldn't help but laugh, whether intended or not...it really shows that adventures REALLY need to work on their people skills. He looked to Billin who was rummaging through his notebook, but to no avail. Well, two wrong answers can't be too bad...right?

Great! Pun-tacular. Just the right mix of combat and puzzles.
Crazy rave fey that raise the dead through sheer will to party counts as a highlight, right?
Some of the penalties we incurred or were supposed to incur during a few of the rooms weren't explained clearly enough, but it all worked out.
4. When you flipped to Monster Camp, were you given good instructions as to what you were doing for the next run? If not, what could we have done to prepare you better? (Please note, we cannot release mods ahead of time.)
We had simple instructions, and it worked out well. Being a big dumb body is a fun break from PCing as a small dumb body.
5. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character
"So we take these supplies through the portal, and they go where they're needed?"

Pigeon hefted a crate and tested the weight. Jinn, meanwhile, looked upset at the proposition, and said something to the effect.

"Jinn!" Pigeon shouted at the tari'nor, setting the crate down and glaring. "We are supposed to be a unit!"

Jinn stared daggers back at Pigeon for a moment before responding. "Suck my unit."

Last edited:
Fantastic. It's been a while since I had as much fun as PC as I did being an NPC. I missed that
Ooh! 8 queens! I know this one... Actually the whole cerebral challenge of the run was one solid positive experience.
Ugh... 8 queens... How did I manage to forget you again? Also - the last puzzle by the proctor brilliantly blindsided me. No blame on plot there - all us PCs.
I wish this was pertinent - last run means all the instructions included tearing down the tavern. Which reminds me - some people need training in ratchet belt use...

From behind the reversed glass bowl, fish was spying inside a room where small party of smug adventurers were waiting for the final question of the final quiz by the impassive Proctor, cautiously glancing at the two dangerous looking constructs behind the stone elf.
- And the final question: what is my name?
Cyrill blinked and looked at the peoples person of the party - Ruki. The peoples person was looking at the party leader - dour dwarf, who in turn was fervently digging through his notes. A quick glance at the rest of the bewildered party confirmed the worst of his forebodings - he clearly belonged in this most uncouth bunch. Cyrill's eyebrows sheepishly climbed as far as the forehead allowed, and his lips involuntarily curled into an apologetic smile as he looked at their apparent benefactor and arbiter. The Proctor seemed perfectly oblivious to the theater of emotions in front of him, however.
- Take your time...

The run went well. It was fun. A mix of riddles and combat.

I think the highlight was the group that I was with. It was interesting for all of us to work together.

It was confusing for a moment as to what I could do in the room where we could not use our left arm. My character uses a staff so it requires both arms. So I figured I could only block with my right arm. The Marshall confirmed that would be the case.

It was an interesting ending for the Piper. It was interesting to play the flute when I do not know how to play the flute. I guess it made the torture even more realistic.

Bota was talking to creature that was dancing with music. Bota figured that it would be better to choose to dance than being forced to dance. As he was dancing he started killing the undead dancers.

creature: You killed my dancers
Bota: They were undead. I can dance with you for a while.
creature: Well not for long enough.
Bota: I can dance for a long while, but I guess I may need water and food at some point
creature: Did you bring any.
Bota: No sorry
creature: Then I'll make more dancers

The creature started hitting the dryad. Bota now charmed continued dancing with his new best friend and then moments later woke up by his real friends. He was glad to be surrounded by people he truly likes without the need of magic.

Last edited:
Stellar. I only managed to singe myself. Traditionally when there's a trap involved I wind up as gooey chunks all over everyone else. Getting a chance to actually disarm them was cool too.

So many terrible puns, so many riddles.

I forgot to use one of my x ever skills?

Yep. No complaints there.

4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character.
He peered through the crack of the box, spotting the trigger and latch almost immediately. Tempted as he was to rush, he knew full well that rushing could get him killed, and he took his time picking the mechanism apart. His smugness went away mere moments after he touched the next one, as did his eyebrows and part of his beard.

~Marty

I felt like our run went really well. It was interesting and had enough to keep my attention and it was exciting. I was hesitant going in never having been to a run before, but i had a great time.

The pun clues were amazing! We didn't even... clue into them until Kumari took some damage from the ink spots on the floor. Then it was a guessing game, but the fun kind!

i didn't feel like there was one.

I wasn't sure about some of the cloaks, but thats because i just haven't used them. But I had even more fun being a combat NPC!!

After they both took a turn with the dice, Pigeon turned to Jinn and asked "Want to make this interesting... 1 silver a turn?" Jinn smiled and pulled out his coin purse. "Lets do this!"

I thought it went pretty good! Nice balance of puzzles, riddles, problem solving and combat (with a bit of dexterity in it! :D)

I would say the constellation part of the run was fun. I thought it was a unique way to figure out how to unlock the door. I am impressed by the communication between Talon who was stuck behind said door and the teamwork used to get it unlocked.
Killing Medusa! You sounded lovely to hang out with, but I'm sorry we had to kill you. We didn't want to stay forever.

Maybe (?) the operation run. That was a lot of body parts! But at the same time, it was fun to kill shadowy things.

I'd say our mod person did a good job at giving me the task that I needed to do.

5.Give us a moment from the perspective of your character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back