Farewell

Johanna

Friends and Travelers, It is really hard to say goodbye. For the past 7 years I have had the pleasure of your company and the honor to give you part of my heart through cooking for you. My disease has progressed and as I take a hard look at the marathon that a LARP weekend is for me, I have to finally realize that I can no longer do it. I am passing the baton on. What it will look like in the future is up to Management.

As an NPC, my career began facing many of you in battle, it progressed to being your Tavernkeep. I have had the pleasure of working with three different sets of owners who have always been supportive in my role. Thank you Dave, Chris, Jordan, Ryan and Matt. I am grateful to Christina, who trained me in and then handed me the tavern, and all of the help I have had in the kitchen through the years. From unpacking the kitchen from my van to helping me load up on Sunday morning. Many of you just helped out a couple of hours giving me much needed helping hands and wonderful conversation either prepping or cleaning up.(Especially those that helped me detail out the kitchen at the end of the weekend). Some of you were my team! You helped with entire meals or weekends. Without you, I could not have done it! I owe a debt of gratitude to Brad who has had the added responsibility of taking over when I was unable to be there. A special thanks to my kitchen crew both past and present. Emma D, I’m not sure I would make it through Castle without you bouncing into the kitchen on Saturday morning, picking up my energy and squishing it back into a gut wrenching laugh!

To all who attend, either as travelers or adventurers, thank you. You appreciated my food. It always encouraged me and made me want to give my all when you complimented me or said “thanks”. I will miss you all and hope that you have safe travels within the Realm.

Sincerely,
Amy

Much love Amy,

I wish you nothing but the best.

Rob

Amy,

While I no longer reside in Minnesota I can tell you that your presence and help at games where a true blessing and I am sure they will be missed. I continue to cherish my memories of your efforts and wish that your resting from these efforts gives you all the release and comfort they can. Meeting folks like you are the true highlight of anyones larping career.

Much love Amy,

I wish you nothing but the best.

Rob
Thanks, Rob! It was a hard decision to make. Heart is willing, body is not. All the best to you, too!

Amy,

While I no longer reside in Minnesota I can tell you that your presence and help at games where a true blessing and I am sure they will be missed. I continue to cherish my memories of your efforts and wish that your resting from these efforts gives you all the release and comfort they can. Meeting folks like you are the true highlight of anyones larping career.
Dave, I owe a lot to you. You gave me my name (when I couldn't think of one), my station and didn''t mind that I couldn't throw packets to save my life or any of my Kobos. Thank you. Hugs! I got your number so don't think I won't call.

You and your cooking shall be greatly missed! It was always great to have that presence around.

You and your cooking shall be greatly missed! It was always great to have that presence around.
Thank you! I always liked that you appreciated a good soup and cup of coffee!

I heartily second this! Both you and your great cooking will be sorely missed - It was always a true treasure to have your pleasant company where ever we were playing. Please know both Jen & I (and I'm sure many others) totally appreciate all of your efforts running our chapters tavern.

Fare thee well,

I heartily second this! Both you and your great cooking will be sorely missed - It was always a true treasure to have your pleasant company where ever we were playing. Please know both Jen & I (and I'm sure many others) totally appreciate all of your efforts running our chapters tavern.

Fare thee well,
Thanks, Tim! Jen was a great help in the kitchen! I'm so glad she would pop in to help. It was also great to be a part of your vow renewing a couple of years ago! Good memories!

you are a wonderful inspiration and I'm glad you were able to help with our game, you improved it to no end

you are a wonderful inspiration and I'm glad you were able to help with our game, you improved it to no end
Thanks, Andrea! You helped out greatly in the kitchen as well as Eston! What you do out front in the tavern is way above my pay grade!

while we did not talk to each other much you spirit and personality both in- game and out of game will be missed. hope you find what you are looking and safe travels.

David Raatz aka Iganeous

Thanks, David! I so enjoyed all the years we've known each other! I was on the receiving end of a lot of 5 normal of yours! Thank you for always staying and helping clean up on Sunday. You are rock solid! And you are appreciated!
Safe travels,
Amy

while we did not talk to each other much you spirit and personality both in- game and out of game will be missed. hope you find what you are looking and safe travels.

David Raatz aka Iganeous

Amy,

I've missed your presence at games, and am sad to hear you won't be there, but glad you're making good choices for yourself and your health! Doing food prep with you was always one of my favorite parts of the MN game. I have a lot of fond memories of chopping veg with you in the kitchen.

Keep in touch!

Love,
Rynn

Amy,

I've missed your presence at games, and am sad to hear you won't be there, but glad you're making good choices for yourself and your health! Doing food prep with you was always one of my favorite parts of the MN game. I have a lot of fond memories of chopping veg with you in the kitchen.

Keep in touch!

Love,
Rynn
Will never look at a carrot the same ever again! I will keep in touch!

Amy,

Keep in touch!

Love,
Rynn
I will never look at carrots the same way again! You always helped me to laugh even when the stress was high! Will keep in touch!

Back