For Adventuring Eyes Only

My fellow Unbounded,

I reach out to you in a time of great personal unrest that, to my belief, will soon potentially affect you all as well. At our most recent gathering in Rathfall we had visitors from Gavaria, most notably in this case, Baroness Bancroft. The Rose Wardens have been wary of her for some time and her connection to the Strigoi (vile insectoid creatures who have emerged every hundred years or so in the past to lay waste to all of Gavaria). Her arrival was more or less shocking, but an opportunity was taken by Dame General Daybright to search Baroness Bancroft’s estate in hopes of finding hard evidence that would connect her and the Strigoi, and we were ordered by Dame General Daybright to not provoke the Baroness at the wedding. While Baroness Bancroft was at the wedding, she offered coin for any vials of blood from different Rathfallian creatures. We have come to believe that the Strigoi can use the blood of other creatures to receive the attributes of those. Despite the warning from Dame General Daybright, we felt it the better option to potentially provoke the Baroness rather than let her have access to the vials of blood she had procured, including that of Hippohawks, Rabbitgators, and most importantly Phase-Bears. This action was not made without caution of consequence, but we believe was simply the right call for the good of all. The ire of the Baroness is strong as she blames me for this theft and has threatened to “destroy all that I love” in retaliation. I take full responsibility for this and I understand there are some amongst us who at this point have their own ire towards me in regards to this circumstance. Please allow us the time to work with all of you and prepare for the seemingly inevitable attack that is to come. I will be glad to hear from the adventuring community if there are any grievances to be had and if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to myself and or any members of the Rose Wardens and we will disclose what we know.

Victory Sound, or Circle Bound
Sir Iban, Captain of the Rose Wardens

Sir Iban,

What is it that you and the Rose Wardens are asking of the greater Atupali community? You ask for "time to work", but what is it that you are doing, asking that we do, or asking that we do not do?

On a side note, is the Archduchess aware that this espionage and intrigue was conducted on her soil against a guest under her protection? In that same vein, is Queen Gavar aware of General Daybright's extra-judicial action against a member of the Queen's Court?

Dramthin Hartsboon
Tomekeeper, Vicomte Rosen
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Tomekeeper,

I believe what we need is preparation from the adventuring community. We the wardens have workshopped many alternative scenarios that we hope will prepare us for whatever is to come next. To my knowledge Baroness Bancroft is unaware of the search in her estate and I am uncertain in Queen Gavar's knowledge. Truth to be told, we the Wardens are making a strive to be more open and communicative to the entire unbounded community.

Back