2.1 feedback survey's for Dragon stamps

Heinricht

Artisan
Owner
Atlanta Staff
Good evening; Should we continue to use the current survey for 2.1 feedback or will arc create a new form? If a new form will be created when can we see it published? Will we get Dragon Stamps for all game feedback during the 2.1 play test? Example: I played 4 seperate 2.1 play tests will I get credit for each feedback form (6 DS x 4) or just a DS reward of 6 for all 4? Will this reward only be good for 2.1 play tests going forward from the time of this vote or will this be back dated? If I have played a 2.1 game prior to the anouncement and did not submit feedback; if I submit feedback now will I get the 6 DS reward?

v/r: David C. Eberhart II (Heinricht)

This question was asked at a recent WI event play test, and there did not seem to be a known answer for this. In addition, there was a question if the DS would be awarded all at once, or if they are dispersed over time such as monthly, or within 'x' amount of time of submission or the event in question. As it seems a number of our players/staff didn't know the award schedule, so they haven't known when is "enough time past date" that they should bring attention that they still hadn't received any yet.

DS for the survey will be awarded after the end of the playtest period, almost definitely after the new 2.1 packet is assembled, and most likely after the next 2.1 vote has taken place. On the other side, they will almost definitely be awarded before 2.1 goes live.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason that was decided instead of giving them out monthly based on submissions? I think if people saw the rewards it may encourage more feedback submission (if they go to multiple playtest). It would also give people the ability to dragon blanket over the Winter months.

It’s a combination of free time and sanity preservation.

Confirmation of reading...

For sure after 'x' date, but as to when exactly after that date is unknown.

Right.

Cool. As we've been in voice chats and stuff and as you know just wanting to confirm I understand the answer before I start digging into that answer cause my digging into it may be useless if I misunderstood what was said.

I fully acknowledge that my #lifemeasuredinseconds Amazon efficiency / foresight of downstream process is about to do some talking - and I sorta apologize for that as I recognize a lot of people do not think in this way nor have a need to...

While the survey is being asked for and compiled by Arc - Albert (assuming they are still doing DS) trends to have a 72hr or less response time, in my experience usually a couple hours at most. This would seem to suggest that the barrier being experienced is a list of names provided to Albert (or current DS person)...

That barrier being accurate now seems confusing for me as open Google doc> copy column a> paste into email> send - will take less time than the responses provided thus far and could (in theory) be accomplished by any person who has access to the responses Google doc. This done bi-weekly or even monthly, is a regular and small workload given to the DS team over a period of time. Which prevents any sanity or lack of free time concerns so mentioned.

Holding that information until the very utmost last thing & turning over months worth of submissions "dumped" into their lap at the "last minute". Which will create further delay due to sheer volume and to say nothing of free time and sanity of that team endures because the "barrier" was not addressed it was jus passed to them instead. They could be doing this gradually over time and not only have prevented this concern, but also as suggested had the possibility of generating even more responses.

Players who were told they would be rewarded for their contributions, but then aren't... under the seeming gaze of "yes but we didn't say when" create a lot of mis trust feelings for me and a lack of faith in future such situations. Also the idea that if this project (the survey) was not planned out enough to have these implantation processes in mind from the start, and that it seems from my perspective to b an after though of "once everything else is done, then we will get to this" makes me have more feelings about the process. Then that the submissions are taken as seriously as they were given. Completely remembering that on a chapter and national level - particularly as we approach the new year, votes and getting this all done before Nationals and all the legitimate unforseen things that pop up and then seen as a urgent or priority continue to stiffle this process because it has these perceptions and illicit these feelings.

As much as I appreciate your critique of the process and the effort that went into it, the current plan is for the survey DS to be awarded on the timeline I laid out above.

As much as I appreciate your critique of the process and the effort that went into it, the current plan is for the survey DS to be awarded on the timeline I laid out above.
This is why I confirmed my understanding before I wanted to express any thoughts or feelings.

There is no timeline, and you did not provide a timeline, except to say, "Sometime after this date" It could be that date, it could be three years after that date. It was a dodge to the question.

Which already is telling in the fact that this question was asked august 30th with no answer until I posted something today. If the question couldn't be given a priority to answer, and the stated rewards are not equally as important as the feedback to illicit them. it creates a lot of unkind feelings in me that this process was not thought-out and planned from inception to resolution and instead thought out of "we will do a survey and offer Dragon stamps" and anything past that was "we will work that out later". I fully recognize that it's still ****'s amazon "I work in logistics brain" and I have been trained for nearly a decade to plan out such logistics and pitfalls within every aspect of my 40+hr week; but Hope is not a plan. It doesn't create a timeline and it doesn't lead to resolution. It leads to balls getting dropped, people developing feelings, gossip in private corners of the organization, and then a sense or creation of poor planning creates emergencies that were completely avoidable.

I can empathize that this project is even more work for Arc. When having this idea for the project, these pitfalls especially the workload, spoons, forks, sanity and free time - should have been considered as tangible very likely to occur barriers and tackle concepts and resolutions to prevent them before they occurred. Instead, we are here and the current "plan" is that at an unspecific time, someone will tackle a 15second copy paste email and then dump this problem on the DS Team and then say "oh we gave the DS Team the list, you'll have to ask them how long it will take to award" with complete disregard to their spoons, forks, sanity, free time - all the while the players are the ones who are told "eventually" with noncommittal answers and wait and wait for things to someday happen. Dollars to donuts, give albert access to the feedback google doc and it would shock me if Albert wasn't done with it by the end of the week.

I also fully and completely acknowledge that this on the heels of myself and others still not being awarded GS and DS from the Midwest 5 day, is a thorn which this just compounds upon so instead of an isolated incident - it is multiple incidents at multiple levels of the organization. None of which is Albert's fault, but as the DS person the person everyone wants to talk to.

There is no timeline, and you did not provide a timeline, except to say, "Sometime after this date" It could be that date, it could be three years after that date. It was a dodge to the question.
I would ask that you go back to my initial response, where I gave a timeframe for when that end date was.

Which already is telling in the fact that this question was asked august 30th with no answer until I posted something today.
I had not seen the earlier post. I can’t speak to anyone else’s lack of response, but on my end, it was simply a lack of being aware the question had been asked. Normally, I’m pretty good about being on top of things on the forums and else where, but I missed one. It happens.

While you may feel that the creation of the DS list is a 15 second cut-and-paste job, there is more to it than that, which I am not going to detail, but I do share your confidence that the DS team will complete their portion of the task swiftly once they get the list.

As to the rest, your overly hostile word choice and assumptions of ill intent or incompetence leads me to believe that you are a little upset over the situation and should take a step back.

Back