2015 Season Logistical Notes

MacFawkes

Artisan
Hello hello, Alliance players old and new!

With the opening of our 2015 season, I wanted to post some important information for Logistics as we go forward. It's lengthy, but I'll ask for everyone to read through this, since it's a good review.

For those of you who don't know, Logistics takes care of character cards, skill updates, Goblin Stamp updates, etc. Anyone looking to make a new character, make changes to your character, or deal with membership questions will want to speak to Logistics. At the beginning of each event, each player character will go through a check-in process, where Logistics will give you an envelope filled with your character sheet and pertinent items such as production, money, items purchased with Goblin Stamps, etc.

To help your check-in process go as quickly as possible, please read the following information.

Pre-registration for events consists of two parts:
1. Paying for the event via Paypal (or for those who dislike Paypal, making arrangements with Logistics directly). This can be done at http://www.alliancedenver.com/payment---logistics.html
2. Pre-registering through our pre-registration form, also found at the above link. This will include your skills, any updates you're making, the spells you are memorizing, and any items you would like to buy with Goblin Stamps. The form sends a copy of your pre-registration to the email you include, so you'll know we've received it when you get that copy.

You MUST complete both parts of the pre-registration process by the Sunday before the event at midnight to be considered pre-registered, and qualify for the benefits.

What are these benefits, you ask?

What a great question, I'll tell you!

People who pre-reg by the deadline, with both components, qualify for the following:
1. Cheaper event! The $60 event fee only applies if you pre-reg on time; afterward, it costs $10 extra. (For first-timers, we usually waive this since there is so much new information for you guys, but from your second event on, you're responsible for being prompt.)
2. Faster check-in! Want to just jump into costume and get ready? Then make sure you've got all your ducks in a row. Walk in, grab an envelope, walk out, profit!
3. Speedy Check-in Lane! Don't want to wait in line? With our speedy check-in, you don't have to! Just walk in, provide any materials we need, then walk out with your envelope. CAVEAT: New players often have more steps involved that are challenging to process beforehand (armor evaluations, new player items, last-minute questions), so your first event may be slower than usual. However, we'll try to do as much as we can to get these things situated beforehand.
4. My eternal affection. That's right, this is something you can't buy in stores. We love people who pre-reg on-time, it makes things so much easier for event preparation.

Items that new players can get together to help speed up their pre-registration process:
1. Trial membership or full membership (found at http://www.alliancedenver.com/payment---logistics.html). These cover insurance and site costs. The trial membership is for your first event, to allow you to try things out with minimal expenditures. This can then be upgraded to a full annual membership later.
2. Legal release signed and dated (found on the above payment link)

NEW INFORMATION FOR ALL PLAYERS

1. To help speed up the check-in process, the Logistics team will be posting a list of the items we'll need for all players at check-in. For example, if Joe Swanson is making 10 Arrows with his Blacksmith skill, we'll post:
"Joe Swanson - 5 cp." If he comes to check in with 5 copper pieces on-hand, we can just hand him his envelope and he'll be on his way! We'll even let him cut in line!

2. Anyone making alchemy, potions, scrolls, or memorizing spells is required to bring their recipe or spellbook to check-in, so that we can verify that you have access to the appropriate items. If you are borrowing from someone else's book, you will need to bring their book tag to check-in as well. If people wish to skip this step, they are welcome to scan and email a picture of their book tag to acarthialogistics@gmail.com before the event.
- Added Note: Anyone looking to copy alchemy recipes into their books must do so at Logistics (at the beginning of the event or at 6 PM on Saturday). To do so, please bring the book tag you are copying from and the book tag you are copying to, and we will issue you a new tag.

If there are any questions, please feel free to post here or email me at acarthialogistics@gmail.com

NOTE: We've had some people send emails to arcathialogistics@gmail.com. Those will get bounced back. Just remember, we have "a car" named "thia," but "ar (our) cat" doesn't say "hia (hiya)." Was that a stretch? Yes it was. Did it help? We can only hope. But I'll repeat, DO NOT send emails to arcathialogistics, the correct email address is acarthialogistics@gmail.com

Last edited:
Added a few notes about alchemy/spellbook checks at check-in, under "Information for all players."

Do you also need to bring your recipe book or spellbook if you are making potions or scrolls? (I think you need a recipe to make a potion, and for scrolls don't you need to have the spell in your spellbook?)

If I have a few tags that are getting overly worn but still fully readable and valid, can I have them replaces at logistics? Is there a quicker way to do this (I.E. Send scans of the tags so you can have them ready, etc.)

You are correct, Alex! Anyone making potions will need an earth spellbook from which to make their potions, and scrollmakers will need to provide a celestial spellbook at check-in. Thank you for checking on that, I edited the original post to reflect that change.

Sorin, I would say to scan them to us ahead of time so we can prepare, then provide them to us at check-in for verification purposes. Ultimately, if it's a tag you expect to use for a long time, I encourage laminating it (either with packaging tape or an actual laminator) so that tag replacement does not become an issue.

NOTE: We've had some people send emails to arcathialogistics@gmail.com. Those will get bounced back. Just remember, we have "a car" named "thia," but "ar (our) cat" doesn't say "hia (hiya)." Was that a stretch? Yes it was. Did it help? We can only hope. But I'll repeat, DO NOT send emails to arcathialogistics, the correct email address is acarthialogistics@gmail.com

Oh, how I long for the simple days of yore when I thought that the easy-to-remember "WLRMDLGG" was the most convoluted mnemonic you'd ever come up with. ;)

Trace

I'm chock FULL of useless mnemonics!! Hey, I figure if the wacky tool works for just one person, it's helpful. If not, then maybe it'll spark something else, like.....that other one. "Why Love Roses, May? Down Low Grows Good...." Or whatever it is.

Back