2019 Opener IBGA

Cory Walker

Scholar
Traverse City 2019 Winter (In-Between Game Action) IBGA

This IBGA will be a longer and more involved IBGA. This is to account for what your character has been doing or experienced during the winter. This is considered IBGA action for our opener in April 2019. Below you find several rumor and/or experiences you may have encounter. Bear in mind, the point of IBGA's is both a lead for plot of what your interested in and to develop mods for events.

You may choose up to two of these rumors or experiences to have encountered, to delve more deeply into. Remember to be descriptive of what you would do, as some of these experiences have multiple leads or clues to be un-covered.

You may also substitute one of these rumors or experiences for something more personal in nature that you wish to explore from Guilds, Political, Transform-Related, Studying (make sure you state where you are studying), or whatever else you wish.

Winter IBGA's are due by April 4th, 2019 by 11:59PM (the sooner the better though). Anything later will not grant you an IBGA action. Normal IBGA Rules apply (located on our IBGA page on the link below).

You can submit your IBGA at:
http://traversecitylarp.com/game-guide/ibga/

Nu'Adah City is bustling with activity. Everyone is excited that the mourning period for King Sebastian is over and the weather is warming to Spring. There is talk around the merchant district that the Viper Clan of Wild Elves has still been a problem, but their raids have decreased with fewer human caravans coming through their territory. Looking around, you notice a significantly higher elf to human ratio overall. Shrugging it off, you continue through town. On the town crier board you notice a large sign that reads “Seeking those of strong constitution to explore the large holes that have been opening across Nu'Adah! Coin paid for actionable information. See Duchess Leiliandriani at the castle with said information.”

The Oathsworn of Khorioti have been quiet. Rumor has it that no one has seen any of them since some adventurers went there and cheated at an honor duel. Other rumors say that no one has seen them since their volcano erupted in a huge cloud of hot ash and smoke that was seen all the way from Nu'Adah City. Whatever the reason, they seem to be gone.

You have heard rumors of a Cult of the Mist that has been gathering members from all walks of life; those that actually believe the mists had protected them or provided easier means of transportation (despite the risks). They seem to be gathering in the northern edge of Kardashi Jungle in New Eloria.

While traveling throughout Eloria you’ve noticed crystalline mounds sprouting up from the ground. Most are either blue/purple in tone or orange/red. Every so often you notice one that is more shades of green and grey. When you get closer you notice furred and scaled creatures the size of mountain lions or wolves nearby. Further approaching these structures causes the creatures to move into an aggressive posture…

Rumors have been circulating about strange monsters that appear just like people, but can change their bodies, even become older or younger! Townsfolk are calling them ‘Skin Shifters’, the new cautionary tale to keep young Elorians out of trouble. “If you go out at night, they’ll catch you, and take your skin to add to their collection!” All simply wives tales, of course, but one day, you catch sight of a young boy in an alley, ducking behind a rubbish bin, before an older man of similar traits emerges, as though nothing had occurred. Surely, you were seeing things?

Human slaves are being taken from the lands of Roefield. For months they were just killed on sight but now they are just being taken. Rumor has it that they are being used to mine and move stone north.

Camps of monstrous races are popping up all over. There are all kinds of races all mingling together. Oddly though they do not seem hostile to people. The presence of these camps are really alarming to the citizens of the empire though.

A kin poisons vendor is apparently looking for regular buyers, and safe passage to meet with them. He claims his last buyers tried to force him into a monopoly and when he said no they reacted violently, but won't say anymore. A reward is offered for assistance, plus a discount on future purchases.

Did you hear?!? The Elorian Council is coming to throw a faire and feast for those that saved Eloria City. I have the inside scoop if you willing to buy me a few drinks. Oh don’t worry if you notice weird glyphs in the woods, their are apart of the faire activities.

Word around southwestern Nu'Adah is that the Ashdown Woods are still in unrest. Going to the source, you find Asher, the grove maiden, rallying her sprigands. She looks relieved to see you. She tells you that months ago she sent a group of sprigands and a few of the refugees from the Heartwood to check on Strega Enora, the hedge witch who lives in the Ashdown Woods. The group never returned and she hasn't heard from Enora since. Asher asks you to discover the fate of Enora and her missing friends.

Ever feel like everyone knows a secret but you? Me too, especially lately. It seems like everywhere I go people are talking in hushed tones with mixed looks of adoration, awe and fear. Once I thought I heard the words “blue witch” but I got the cold shoulder when I tried to ask about it. You’d think I asked her about her age or something. Whatever, I’ll find out someday.

While lounging in a local Tavern, you overhear a conversation at the bar. A young man, obviously inebriated, is recounting a wild tale to his drinking buddies. “I’m telling you, it’s the truth! I was making the delivery, same route I always go through the mists, and, BOOM! I’m in a flippin’ desert, sand as far as the eye could see: it was real, I swear!” The others just chuckle, of course. “Yeah, yeah, that’s what you said about the Kraken, too; but where’s my calamari, eh?” Another round of boisterous laughter fills the tavern, while the young man sips his drink a bit slower now, red from both embarrassment and a bit of righteous anger. He glances around, catching your wandering eye. “You believe me, right?”

Reports indicate Mala’kari Stone Elves have setup an encampment outside of the Ebony Towers. Clan Mosh’tan tried and lost an entire unit trying to force and secure the front entrance. There is a rumor that unit from Clan Gru has successfully made it inside and back out.

A map vendor has been seen all over Eloria City. He is selling maps to ruins supposedly filled with rare and powerful artifacts. Anybody who has obtained an artifact from the ruins reports that soon after, the item was stolen in the night.

You’ll never guess what I heard!! THE Tinker Tabby is looking for an apprentice! Can you believe it?! I wonder why?

Last edited:
*With the 2.0 System, don't worry about Pre-Reging at our website atm. There is the new system to pre-reg for events, that info should be along shortly.

Back