A call to arms from the Sheltered Lands

KyleSchmelz

Fighter
People of Fortannis,

For centuries the people of the Sheltered Lands have fought against the Corrupt. Together, the kingdoms of Gaden, Roskaria, and Pratorak stand on guard to slow their advance and to retake what little we can. We celebrate our victories, but we gain inches while losing feet - Gaden may gain an acre here and there, but Pratorak is losing ground, the Citadel has fallen, and any day now the Corrupt will spill forth from beneath the Great River that once held them back. This is a war we are losing, and without drastic action we will continue to lose.

So drastic action will be taken. The adventurers of Gaden have called forth the ancient fortress of Irthos. It is from there that we will make our strike against the Corrupt - I unfortunately cannot share all of the details here today, but all will be made clear at the gathering. In order to enter the fortress, we will first have to fight our way past the Aujin, the constructs that defend it. In two weeks time, on the night of the 23rd, we shall push our way into the fortress and begin our plans.

For this task we will need the best Fortannis has to offer. I am asking all those who can to come assist us in this. Most of you have never been to the Sheltered Lands, and I understand that your own lands have their own enemies, but this attack is unprecedented. It will represent a major turning point in our war against the Corrupt. I ask that any of you who have the ability and will to fight join us in this endeavor. Your efforts will be forever appreciated by the people of the Sheltered Lands.

In the past, the Guardian Mists have restricted items of power from entering the Sheltered Lands, but we have found a way to relax the Mists' control for a time - magical items that would typically be unable to enter Gaden without a long period of attunement should be able to function at least for this gathering.

On behalf of the adventurers of Gaden and all the peoples of the Sheltered Lands, I ask again - please stand by my side as we make the greatest attack on the Corrupt in living memory.

Briar of Gaden

[OOG: Event information]

Well spoken Briar,

To all of those who would send us aid in our time of need, the time is now,
To those that would lend a healing hand, the time has come,
To those that would fight in a legendary battle, this is your chance,
To any and all that would see the light, the good, and the righteous triumph over evil, this is your fight.

I look forward to stand along side any that would come and partake in this epic battle.

Walk with Honor,
Sir Victor von Gryphon, Knight of Gaden

In 5 short days we will make our march to the citadel, and I as well, ask those that I have fought with to stand with us against this threat to the people of The Sheltered Lands.

I have seen the best that Fortannis is capable of providing, and I would stand tall with each and every one of those who give their lives each day to defend their realm, and often the realms of others. I have seen the people of Terna rise up against The Corrupt when the Crystal Gardens were invaded. I have seen what those within the former Valley of Ghost could do against the Na'hui, or as they were also called, The Corrupt; as well as against the Lord of Echoes. I even saw all of Fortannis come together to liberate 5 nations from Lycanthropes, Undead Royalty, A spoiled princess and more. I know together we are strong, and a force that can withstand anything.

To those that are willing and able to join us, know that this act of bravery and kindness will not be forgotten.

Lord Asher Oakheart of Horizon, of Gaden, of The Sheltered Lands

Back