A Call

Stripe

Scholar
Um, hello everyone. I usually don't do big announcements like this... but I guess someone has to start.

We all saw the effects of that ritual that went haywire this market day. Several people were infected with lycanthropy, and a lot of people got hurt as a result. I know there's a few who still require the proper scrolls to become fully healed again, and I'm going to be heading to the earth guild house in Arbor to see if they have any of the scrolls we need. If anyone wishes to join me, or is making any other efforts to locate the right scrolls please contact me- we'll have better luck searching as one then having each of us running off by ourselves.

Also, I know that everyone who we could find in town was properly checked after the battle, but I would ask that anyone who we missed who was anywhere near the lycans get themselves checked by a caster for any signs of infection (and anyone who is still a bit nervous to go ahead and get themselves re-checked, just to be safe). I would be willing to pay any costs that a mage would charge for such services, and would be willing to provide any scrolls I can find to cure anyone who is positively infected, so please don't worry about ending this blight more than what it would cost you.

On that note, I, um, remember there was another fox-kin at the tavern that night, and have heard conflicting reports as to what happened to her after the battle. I do know there was no body found, and she was not checked by any mage I talked to. I would like to track her down to make sure she is not a carrier of the infection as well, and sorta make sure she's OK and stuff..., and any information that could help would be welcomed.

The next market day will be under a full moon as well, so we must find a way to get these tasks done as quickly as possible. If there is anything else I've forgotten do not hesitate to point it out- anything that could end this infection quickly would help everyone sleep better at night.

-Tarqaq

Young Master Tarqaq,

Thank you for your announcement. I can not stress the importance of taking care of this matter. I am not sure I can be there for the next gather, but I will do anything I can to support and help you in this.

I would like to apologize to the people of wayside for my part in this. It was unknowing and very much against my nature. I will never forget the horrible pain and suffering I have caused, so I will do my best to put things to rights even if it must be from afar.

I would like to point out that Barrister Bluewater is not cured yet and I hope he was joking when he said he did not really want to be cured and that I was week stomached because my little jaunt as a were-lizard unsettled me. I also know that Sayakus ( I know I am messing up the spelling, he was a potions maker in white with red) was also in the ritual circle while trying to create the life item, so is very likely infected as well.

I know positively that I have cured Tarqaq, Drez, Eric Marsters and Kyrie cured me. Please follow Tarqaq's advice and get checked out if you were bitten, you can not know the horrors that await you if are infected. I can little close my eyes with out seeing flashes of the things I did while out of control.

I would also like to publicly state that I had no idea that I was getting into a circle that was to be influenced by a dark fey. I would not have participated in the ritual had I known and will never forgive any that knowingly allowed me to participate in such a ritual. I will except some blame where it is due, when the ritual began I immediately noticed the energies in the circle were not right or wholesome. At that point I should have walked out of the ritual (though it was not my circle of power). I only participated to make a life item for the good of the town, but at what cost. Our actions have consequences, why accept the help of one that we know has ulterior motives. I am so tired of the, "damn to the town and its people" attitude that I encounter amongst adventures. Stop and think before you commit to certain actions. Your friends depend on you, as well as the people that we are here to protect.

Know this, HoG pays it debts. So as Tarqaq has offered, I too offer to help shoulder the cost of completely riding the town of this curse and affliction. I owe a great deal to the large were-bear that stopped our rampage, please call on me to repay my debt. For those that I see as complicit or down right negligent, know this, HoG pays its debts.

Many blessings,
BtB

You wrong me Bob and you know it, while I'm glad you were able to twist the ritual magics to do more then my studies suggest they should, I am disappointed you would use my desire to allow others to be cured first, and the wish not to repeat the same mistake I had just made earlier that day by trying to overbear magics past their intent, to suggest that I would be anything less then diligent in my desire to remove this taint.

I have an idea of how this problem can be solved, but need time to study and verify what I can, to that end I will likely be spending the next market day at Grimclaw's camp, where they promise I will be unable to harm anyone during the next full moon. I made a grave mistake this last market day and reach for power I had not earned, something I have always been careful to avoid in the past, it is mistake that will haunt me, and is assuredly one I will not repeat.

- Enan Bluewater

Back