A Collective Front

Anique

Scout
There are many people with many pieces of information. This line of dreaming is an effort to collate that information into a logical format for all interested parties. If you have information that differs, or more to add, please make or contact me. I will update this thought line as new information becomes available.

Thousands of years ago there was a material plane not all that different from our own. Like Arden the mist danced along its edges. Eventually the mist became more and more invasive, until it was more common to find yourself in the mist than on the actual material plane. Things from beyond the mist traverse this land easily. The whisperer is from this fragmented plane.

Seeking the stability of a balanced plane to call home, he set his sights on Arden. As with many planes, other planes were in between here and there. Between his plane, and ours, was the plane of lightning. When he attempted to rift from his plane to ours, he crossed through the lightning plane, and the elementals there were able to attatch themselves to his rift and follow. This was the first coming of the Tempi.

The paladins were formed to fight these elementals. Based on a strict code of chivalry, they based to protect their homes. The whisperer was one of the first paladins. The mage tower was strong at this time. Primarily a center of research and learning, the tower aided the paladins in their war. This was became known as the first crusade.

The Tempi were pushed back. A temporary peace was found. The mages at the tower excelled in their research. Many new magics were discovered beyond the basic Earth and Celestial forms. Things like Nature magic, Creation, Blood, Contracts and more. The more power they discovered, the more they wanted. One of these mages summoned a Djinn, and wished to be a master of all magics. Djinn being tricky and malicious creatures, did not fill the wish as intented. The mage tower was shattered. Fragments of pure magic, forbidden magic, were crystallized into a material form. The one who made the wish was imprisoned, unable to touch the power only he could truly master. The Djinn easily took control of the Tempi. The paladins blamed the mage tower, and all magics for the rising storm. And the second crusade began.

The details of the third and forth crusade elude me at the moment. At some point during this time, some of the paladins became tired of war. They came to Arden, sealing the war, the Tempi, and the forbidden magics behind them.

Thousands of years later, with the help of one of the original paladins, the adventurers reopened the door to Soltara, known to us as the Broken Lands. Since then we have slowly become encumbered in a multifaceted war. Namely versus the Tempi and Bleak. The Storm Lord captured an infant unicorn and was draining it's power, and in turn the power of each of the Elders whom protect Arden. Bleak set up residence in the Callestine Wildlands and is quickly expanding his territory.

With the help of the lightning rods, the Storm Lord has been defeated, sending him back to his home plane. We are far from safe though. Bleaks area of dominance now includes the Blood Isles, Ispald, and south of the Faldric Forest. His domain is pressing into Evendale as well.

There are persons whom have been granted the ability to sense our artifacts that may aide us against Bleak. We need to press forward on their acquisition. We have one, however we only have a partial incant to activate it. If anyone is familiar with the name Theron Foreststrider, we need any and all information regarding him to accelerate this quest. Also, any ice nodes you find should be destroyed immediately.

The Tempi have been attempting to merge Arden and Soltara. There is some debate as to if this is actually a good thing, as they were originally joined.

The paladins have become corrupt over the years. Tread with care. They also hold an artifact that acts as a magic "net". Creating a no magic zone, yet allowing certain magics, namely their own, through.

The herald, whom the paladins wish to return to prison, is the one person who can master the magics and seal both the "portal" from the plane of lightning to Soltara, and the "portal" from the mist. I use the term portal loosely, as I do not believe it is what we typically envision as a portal. To master this magic, he needs the crystallized forms of pure magic. We have the list and are working on acquiring these items.

Sir Robert's task from the paladins, as punishment for the town freeing the Herald, is to return the Herald to them. I'm sorry Sir Robert, but this is not an option.

There are dopplegangers about. These are believed to also be creatures from the mist. They are not fae in nature. They do not have matabolisms. They will crumble when killed.

Our to do list:
If you are able to work on any of these things before next market day, please do so!

-Monitoring bleaks area of dominance. Do not rift into areas you believe are safe! His territory is spreading too quickly. Walk, take a boat, whatever, just make sure you can turn around and head the other direction before it is too late.

-Establishing areas for refugees. Valdanis has plenty of space, but it is currently filled with undead.

-Destroying ice nodes. The only one I am currently aware of is in Evendale. We attempted to destroy it but were pushed back by the strength of ice elementals found there. Bleaks winter was creeping into the forest.

-Locate items of power to help in the fight against Bleak.

-Research Theron Foreststrider

-Acquire the 5 items needed by the Herald. We have one I believe, and the location of a second.

-Rescue Kestril! She was abducted via mist portal.

-Rescue the baby unicorn! I know he was serving his purpose, but that has changed? I think. The storm is still strong even without it's leader. Being able to access the dragon gate into the center of the storm would be useful.

-Reactivate the dragon gates.

Thank you for all you have done. If I have forgotten anything, please inform me.

~Baroness Ahlana Antaro Silverbane

The Storm Lord still has powerful lieutenants on this side, one or more of them is most likely looking after the unicorn. These are very powerful tempi. Also, the Storm Lord will have re-manifested by now on the plane of lightning. He is still weak but will gain strength quickly and should we not close the planar gate he will return by the end of the following market.

To destroy an ice node, you first must crack its casing with shatters, destroys, or damaging it sufficiently. At that point enough flame energy will cause it to wink out. With the node gone, the elementals will dissipate unless there is another node near by. As we go deeper into Bleak's territory, ice nods will become more and more common, plus Bleak's presence alone acts as something beyond a greater node.

I will see all of you in a few weeks to do what we can.

Fredrick Crawford

We have two of the items. My ancestor was carrying the Nature Magic item, and I'm assuming he gave it to us after I shattered my spirit to obtain Glitter.

Bleak is still outside the Faldric Forest, and it's dangerous to go to the Satyr's temple, as it is near the forest. I'm doing my best to keep him out, but I won't fully realize the power of Glitter until I perform the Rite of Spring, so I don't know how long I can hold out, I can feel his cold touch throughout each day. If Bleak is still around when I have perform the rite, I may be able to help weaken him in the fight, depending on what powers the forest will grant me.

-Cenarith Hepion-Zanabanath, Guardian of the Faldric Forest

Last edited:
Ahlana,
I've mulled over my response to this several times. I appreciate that you're willing to be open to what you know and help unify the town. You're also part of the reason we've not had information shared previously or unity. Part of me wants to task on how you've treated myself and my friends. But, I believe that would only serve to further divide us.
So I'll offer you a chance at a clean start for both of us, we don't need to become friends but, we do need to learn to be civil with each other.

I hope you'll accept my offer, as Theron Forestrider sounds like something I can help with. As well as destroying undead to create space for refugees.

Link
Order of the Emerald Flame

I will be traveling to valdanis coming shortly and seek to make a keep within the town. I have meet a few who call it home already on my travels. I will aid in keeping it safe. I ask that you keep me informed and I shall do my best to give my insight on the task at hand

Back