A Contest of Arms

Mobius

Squire
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Unbounded, Adventurers, Freefolk of Gavaria and the Grimere Expanse,

Amidst all the festivities during the coming celebration, I have noticed there is no contest of arms. I have always found the art of the duel to be a practical and honourable means to hone one's body, mind, and Spirit, as well as a path to earn accolades and rewards.

To wit, I would ask if there are others who wish to engage in a bracketed tournament of arms during the coming Market. If enough folk show interest, I will prepare the bracket, arrange the time and grounds, and inquire with the Crown on possible prizes.

Who would add their name to the lists?
  • Squire Aicha
  • Goodman Alseid
  • Dame Bada
  • Squire Gregor
  • Tomekeeper Hartsboon
  • Goodman Klack
  • Goodwoman Nyssa
  • Lady Oakheart
  • Reeve Olrikson
  • Goodman Sable

Dramthin Hartsboon
Lost One
Tomekeeper, Vicomte Rosen
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Last edited:
You may add mine. Weapon of choice, Staff.

Asher

Thank you, goodfolk and lords. I have added your names for the lists.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Lost One

Last edited:
Thank you to all who have entered the tournament. The bracket closed Sunday (01/07) night with 10 contestants.

The Tournament will be follow Great Dragon, Green Bard variant rules.
  1. All matches are between only two contestants.
  2. Contestants may use any weapon style they choose.
  3. Magic, magic items, consumables (of any kind), and heroic skills are not allowed.
  4. Contests are to the touch; no blood is to be shed.
  5. Each match will consist of a single five-minute round as judged by the timekeeper in attendance.
  6. A point is awarded for each weapon-touch of an opponent as judged by the contestants and a majority consensus of observers.
  7. After three points on a single contestant, both contestants will reset three steps back, salute one another, and recommence their match.
  8. A contestant is named the winner when they have scored 9 points (touches) on their opponent.
  9. In the case of a match concluding (five minutes) without a single contestant scoring 9 points, the contestant with the most points is declared the victor. In the case of a tie, the match will enter a sudden-death, single-touch, untimed round.

Acting Seneschal Dillonsworth has promised prizes for each contestant as well as awards for Champion, Second, and Third place. The Champion may receive a place at the Royal Wedding Table, depending on security approval.

The bracket was created using random seeds as there is no standing for rank.

The tournament will begin at First Bell (1 p.m.) on Saturday (01/13) with the first match listed. We will proceed in the order of the listed matches but may vary order depending on contestant availability.

Best of luck and Hart guide your Spirit.

1704827065188.png

are you doing the contest of arms

Goodman Sable,

I do plan to continue the Contest of Arms. However, I understand the rescheduling of the Feast may impact participation.

I am opening the lists to allow all previous combatants to confirm their participation and opening it to any others who may wish to join. Please reach out to me here in the Dreaming, by pigeon, or at the Whitecrowne tavern.

Confirmed Contestants:
Squire Aicha
Goodfolk Alseid
Goodman Cuthburt
Lord DeSylvia
Tomekeeper Hartsboon
Sir Iban
Lady Oakheart
Reeve Olrikson
Goodman Sable
Goodfolk Scylla
Goodfolk Shatterspear
Lost One Star

Dramthin Hartsboon
Lost One

Last edited:
I shall include your name for the lists, Goodman Sable.

Your absence is a loss for both the tourney and our hearts, Dame Bada. I wish you well, nonetheless.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Lost One

Thank you to all who have entered the tournament. The bracket closed Thursday (02/15) night with 12 contestants.

The Tournament will follow Great Dragon, Green Bard variant rules.
  1. All matches are between only two contestants.
  2. Contestants may use any weapon style they choose.
  3. Magic, magic items, consumables (of any kind), and heroic skills are not allowed.
  4. Contests are to the touch; no blood is to be shed.
  5. Each match will consist of a single five-minute round as judged by the timekeeper in attendance.
  6. A point is awarded for each weapon-touch of an opponent as judged by the contestants and a majority consensus of observers.
  7. After three points on a single contestant, both contestants will reset three steps back, salute one another, and recommence their match.
  8. A contestant is named the winner when they have scored 9 points (touches) on their opponent.
  9. In the case of a match concluding (five minutes) without a single contestant scoring 9 points, the contestant with the most points is declared the victor. In the case of a tie, the match will enter a sudden-death, single-touch, untimed round.

Acting Seneschal Dillonsworth has promised prizes for each contestant as well as awards for Champion, Second, and Third place. The Champion may receive a place at the Royal Wedding Table, depending on security approval.

The bracket was created using random seeds as there is no standing for rank.

The tournament will begin at First Bell (1 p.m.) on Saturday (02/24) with the first match listed. We will proceed in the order of the listed matches but may vary order depending on contestant availability.

Best of luck and Hart guide your Spirit.

1708376913982.png

Last edited:
What was da result of da trial of da arms?

- Klack

1st- DeSilvia
2nd Dram
3rd Asher

Goodman Klack,

I commissioned a portraitist to portray the winning scoreboard. Lord DeSylvia was indeed named Champion of Whitecrown after defeating all contestants and the reigning Champion, Mansley Goldbrand.

It was a well-fought and honourable tournament.

1709218823280.png

Dramthin Hartsboon
Lost One

Back