A couple sketches and some color

Vhossek

Here is a black and white sketch I have done for a racial packet and a later version that I colorized via Photoshop.

Black and White Sketch
ogre1.jpg

Colorized Ogre
ogre2-1.jpg

Although these are not Alliance related in any way, here are a couple sketches I did for a video game character design assignment.

biochimp.jpg

cyberneticsloth.jpg

If you hadn't told me it was an Ogre I'd have thought it was an Orc. Seems more green to me than yellow.

Vhossek said:
Colorized Ogre
ogre2-1.jpg

Vhossek said:
Perhaps its the tusks.

The tusks are fine, although a bit larger would be nice. It's the skin tone I was referring to.

These are really good and I look forward to having some donated for use in race packets and the like (where they will be in black and white so it doesn't matter whether they are green or yellow)

It looks neither really green nor yellow to me but more of a khaki to olive drab shade. The dark spots look downright brown. The brown lends itself to the yellow tone as well.

Fearless Leader said:
These are really good and I look forward to having some donated for use in race packets and the like (where they will be in black and white so it doesn't matter whether they are green or yellow)
Cool, I wanna be a wylderkin sloth with a bionic grappling claw/paw. :D

Was the ogre sketch one you did with traditional medium and color with photoshop? These are very cool, thanks for sharing.

The sketches were all done with good ol pencil. The ogre I went over with fine point art pens and very limited use of cool gray Prismacolor markers. I scanned them into my computer then used Photoshop to colorize it. It was my first attempt at adding color and I kinda like it so far.

The color looks great man, keep it up. I am sort of getting my feet wet with digital color too. I will upload my experiments as I finish some.

Back