A cry for help from distant lands

Noble men and women of Fortanis,

I, Lord Sylvos the Fallingstar, address you not as a noble of Terna, not as a former noble of the lands of Dragonreach, but as a loyal and steadfast citizen of the lands of Fortanis. I have been away too long and fear my message may not reach you all but I must do my best for all of our fates may lie in the balance.

I have recently been returned safely to the lands of Briarpass by a small knot of brave spirits but upon my return was struck with thundering visions and tormented dreams. I have been plague with visions of pestilence, war, and death strewn across Fortanis and a call for help now screams within my mind. I am not alone in these visions and other magi throughout Fortanis have felt the pull of destiny. We have seen the meeting of Fortanis's knights forthcoming. For some time now, we have been rallying the nobles of Fortanis's mists in hopes to help this distant land rid itself of this menace before our own homes fall prey to its gnashing maw.

Meet with me and the other Wizards in the Mists. All will be explained there, as I would not risk speaking these ill omens in such a place where our enemy may hear us. On the last Friday of the Eighth Month, show me that the mettle of the mortal spirit has not waned... Together, We Shall Show Our Enemies the Strength of Our Alliance.

High Regards,

Lord Sylvos Fallingstar
Duke of Wishel's Tree
Noble of The Leaf Crown
4th Fallingstar

This am all very vague. How are adventurer' suppose' to meet in Mist? The Mist am unpredictable at best. I do not dismiss you, but to meet in the land of the Fae...that sound' like insanity.

Sound' like plot of the unseelie to gather adventurer' of Fortannis in one place for their twisted game'. Then the world would truly be in peril.

I and my comrade' will venture forth and find the flux. For if you are telling the truth, then we must rally and protect Fortannis. If you lie, then we shall fight tooth and nail to the resurrection for your heinously evil rouse.

-Tetsu Menggosok Tarang
Shaman of The Arkelian Hunt

So, I am now know the truth. The threat was, no, IS real. We the Champion' of Fortannis come together, and do very great thing. Each person, of each land, and each race show true color' these past few day'. I am burst with much happiness to have met such honorable and brave folk from around our world.

We have shown the enemy what we am made of. We can do anything together, it am proven. Now when you return to your land tell the tale' to all, and let the rumor spread to the evil everywhere how the balance am preserve.

For righteousness, passion, and courage! Hail to you all, fearless Champion'!

Your proud ally,

Tetsu Menggosok Tarang Wyndancer
Son of Twilight
Shaman of The Arkelian Hunt

Tetsu,

Something happed and Ruqayyah and myself found ourselves back the the Rab Desert last night, after we went through the tomb with you all. Please, if anyone can let us know what happened. Did the Rakshasa come? Did any fall because my sword and Ruqayyah's healing were not there?

Kalaji

I don't wish to step where I am not welcome, or to answer in stead of another, but it is information that must be shared.

One of the rakshasa has escaped into the world. I was not there when the other two rakshasa were killed, but the green-faced one, the one who enslaved me, avoided the trap set for it by a brave group of adventurers late on the third night in the hourglass. I do not know if they hold the same amount of power outside of the hourglass as within, but extreme caution must be taken, for these creatures can don a face and a shape as easily as you or I may get dressed in the morning.

Other adventurers will be able to tell you more, I only know that magic weapons are the only thing that seemed to hurt them. Constant communication must remain between the people of Fortannis, so that the intelligence and strength of all may be used to destroy these creatures.

-Phedre

Sorry for my late response Kalaji, since dream land deem me worthy to communicate here, it have been hard to sleep. I try and shut off to it. I only now hear your call for information.

Phedre am right, though we did many great thing. One of those dispicable creatures am loose in our world. Be careful everyone, it am impossible to tell friend from foe.

Hopefully it does not find a way to multiply itself before we can end it.

-Tetsu

Young Masters and Mistresses,

I regret to inform you that in the past 3 weeks I have encountered the rakshasa twice. Each time it appeared as a high ranking noble of the land I was in. Each time it had detailed information and attempted to give adventuring parties a quest. The quest seemed fairly normal, but turned out to be the dirty work of the rakshasa. It attempted to get us to destroy some sort of key in both Briarpass (Wayside) and Horn's End (Valdanis). Please be extremely careful with who you trust. As reported their disguise is very convincing and if not for the help of the sight of a dragon, we may have been led to folly.

It used arcane enslavements at least five times before it was driven off. Please prepare accordingly by bringing as many enslavement antidotes as possible. If you do not have any please set up an order with a friendly merchant, if you do not know any let me know how many you need and I will get them to you. If you order them now they are 7 silver each, if you wait till the market day then I will charge 8 silver each. I also am able to make potions and battle magic scrolls, please arm yourselves for a challenging fight. Both of my encounters with this single rakshasa have reduced a full adventuring party down to the barest of skills left to survive. It is not easy to get your enslaved friends to drink an antidote, you may need to beat them to unconsciousness while avoiding the attacks of the rakshasa itself.

See you in Desha Vitara,
Bob the Blacksmith

Back