A Cypher from Duchess Elavir

The message below may be obtained, but without all parts of the key, the message is unreadable. This message is intended for all Acarthians, as such, if you seek out Lagarde and/or Gwen, they can deliver the standard line of threats of never talking or writing about what is said, then they would relay the message.

The cypher (if you really want to try to crack it on your own, good luck!!)

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

After talking with Lagarde and/or Gwen:
Acarthians,

This missive is intended for all those who wish to save Acarthia. Please forgive the use of inconvenient cryptography to deliver this message.

It has come to my attention that not all information has been disseminated to our populace, this is not an intentional slight. This missive will attempt to cover all new and relevant information that is up to date as of September 19, 420. It is the nature of our existence that everything is subject to change, but I wanted to make sure the latest was in your hands.

Every reasonable effort will be made to keep Acarthia and her allies abreast of updates, but please know that there is no intent for secrecy. Allies must be informed so that they may act with intelligence at a moment’s notice.

As such, here is the most relevant information:

Let’s start with Nydabeth
I was visited by Their Royal Highness’, Morgane Caderian, Eleradia Caderian, and Daleth Caderian, The Most Noble Trine of the Realm of Nydabeth. Let me be clear that this was in no way something I had foreknowledge of (we had expected to meet with one Cendron regarding a recently discovered shard). I had no idea I was going to be visited by the ruling members of another shard, you might imagine this visit came as a quite a shock.

I cannot express how ‘convenient’ this visit felt for me. To be visited by nobility whom I have NEVER met, nor even heard of and then have them offer us a home in their shard was met with a flurry of questions from all present. Especially when they seemed to know FAR more about the situation of our shard than any visitor should.

It turns out that our two shards are connected elementally in some fashion, and the duality of our elementals is causing damage to their shard. To clarify, our elementals are aspected with one element and one aspect of the magisterium which is to say “Water life” or “Fire Order.” The elemental bridge that they have proposed will eliminate the damage by pulling the dual aspected elementals through to their shard.

Any Acarthian elementally marked who pass through the bridge will not be harmed, and their elemental (as I understand it) will be in this new land in some form, but they will no longer be dual aspected.

I authorized an expedition in the interest of exploration of this shard and their people. I am unsure how many adventurers are in this shard, and what other surprises may await on the other side. By all accounts this land appears to be lush and well established, but devoid of experienced adventurers. They have been unusually welcoming, but I do not believe their average leyperson is aware of our shard’s situation.

We need to continue to investigate this bridge and their lands, but in no way am I implying that this is our only option should things go sideways for Acarthia. Refugees have options about where they reside while we wage war on the Outsider and Drreadrot:

- Baroness Plue in the Maelstrom has a refugee camp awaiting arrivals
- Nydabeth has expressed their willingness to accept refugees
- Bekkur has offered homes on behalf of Dragonhold (though you must partake in the harvest there)

Gwen has been helping spearhead this effort and has my gratitude for her continued work in saving lives. Please work with her if you have questions about evacuation.

Let us turn to our next steps and the information on the Outsider and Dreadrot and what we’re doing next.

His Majesty:
It is with a heavy heart that I share that His Majesty King Andrew Moorfield is likely under the sway or potentially the possession, of an Outsider. It is believed that this is the outsider who once resided within Jax, of Warchester and prior to that - Dragontamer. This outsider will need to be bound and destroyed if we are to save our shard. This requires the knowledge of the outsider’s true name. We know where this name is and how to get it, but this is one dangerous task among many that are ahead of us. The true name will be broken up and carried by multiple individuals.

In the meantime we have been made aware of the locations of the artifacts necessary to fight the Outsider and presumably the shrub as well. These artifacts reside in a myriad of locations, and we will need teams to acquire them.

We must continue our current course of efforts in collecting relevant objects, but in addition we will need to visit an old friend who lives beneath the tavern. Some of you may be asked to hold artifacts in your possession. Please know that these items will likely not be able to leave the shard and were once created by our newest favorite tavern regular. These are significant advantages and should not be squandered – they will also attach to your spirit as soon as you touch them, to make sure that you are prepared for that burden.

Each of these items comes at a cost. Do not take this lightly friends.

The acquired assets are:
- Oracle (a circlet that allows for vision and lores to be cast once a week) has been recovered.
- Shadowbreaker (an axe that can shatter spirits) is now carried by Grim

The remaining assets are:
- Stormcaller (A lightning bow)
- A box once carried by Capt Roberts
- A Spider (which Doomwing suggests we not use)
- Doomward – Shield
- Verdict – Longsword
- Starfall – Hammer
- Rod of Seven Rifts – Rod
- Flute (Requiem)

We must continue to acquire these artifacts and the phylacteries in the coming weeks, while helping civilians traverse the mysts to safety.

Additionally, I wish to report to you that his Royal Highness Prince Moorefield has passed away, likely at the hands of the King while under coercion from an outside force.

The heavy burden of saving our Kingdom now squarely falls on us.

In Service to the Kingdom and Shard,
Duchess K.W. Elavir of Tiberion

Back