A declaration of intent.

MaxIrons

Knight
Marshal
A wise one of my Folk said upon the passing of a person who meant much, "Fight for a just cause, raise a drink with your friends when possible, and show the people in your life that you love that you do so without question."

From what little I have been able to glean, there are problems across all of Fortanis, problems that are bigger than I ever imagined when I lived in my sleepy little home. I already raise drink and show those I love that I do so.

I guess it's time to publicly declare my cause. I Kelethuan Larenthian, share my full name now for all, to show that all Fortanis is as close unto me as the closest of family. Where the mists allow my travel: I shall seek to right imbalances of the planes; I shall bring laughter to those under grim oppression; I shall offer comfort to those whose hearts are heavy; and friendship to those who are lost or alone. Where there is Void, I shall fill it, no matter the form it takes. I'm not much of one for regents or lords, so I swear it unto the lot of you listening. So, whatever brutal, nasty, regime seeks to topple the stability of existence, you now have the enemy of a fat, foolish, mirthful, baker and scribe.

*smiles and laughs*

Joy shared is added, pain shared is subtracted, and if you need it, I've got a smile available to loan out.

Kel, while I don't know the circumstances behind your hatred for Void, I would caution you against actively pursuing the destruction of Void. Void is not inherently bad: it is a part of the natural cycle of the universe as the anti-thesis of Creation, and without it, the universe would likely be destroyed by an overflow of magic. Only when it is used by beings is it a problem.

- Wycliff, the Seeker of Spirit.

I think perhaps we are using the same term for different things. The Void I face is a twisting of the Foundations, as corrupt and debased as Necromancy is a corrupted form of Earth magics. It is the magic of backlashed rituals, and twisted crawling empty things. It is not un-making, but de-shaping. It is this corruption I seek to combat as many an Earth scholar combats Necromancy.

You may be right that we are using the same term for different things, but from your description, it sounds very much the same. It is by no means any less terrifying of a power in our lands, believe me, but make no mistake, all power corrupts, not only that of Chaos and Void. Stopping the conduit would be much more beneficial to the balance of the universe than the source.

- Wycliff, Seeker of Spirit.

Back