A disturbing Trend

AllianceNJ

Spellsword
Someone stealing off of the permanently dead body of a fallen hero and noble of a foreign land.
Someone informing the vampires that we were making the penumbra blade to defeat their evil.
Walking into the woods and consorting with vampires and causing the death of innocent citizens.

I do not understand how someone could willingly go to a necromantic abomination and tell them of the plans to defeat the cloak of darkness in the land.. and to defeat two atrocities who have decimated our people...

How can someone betray the good folk of our lands who work so hard to defeat evil so we can live in peace?

I understand the pursuit of "treasure". For without said items of power, how can we hope to defeat our enemies... but how can we defeat our enemies, if we cannot trust one another? If we cannot fight and know that should we falter in battle, someone will help us, and not wait like a carrion to plunder our body?

This is a deep shame and a stain upon the spirit of all of Icenia.

I had been to the Garrison, they were beseiged by a thousand troll vampires. Our actions have freed this section of the land. Our actions as adventurers turned the tide of battle and allowed us to bring back the sun, and hope and peace to our people.

But whomever told the vampires of our plans.... you jepordized all the people who live in icenia. You hoped to cause darkness to stay upon the land, and allow the vampires to consume us to oblivion.

I will find out who you are, And when I do, there will be no spot left on Fortannis for you to hide. And in that hour that I come for you, you will know true and abiding fear.

You are a traitor to Icenia and the hand of justice shall smite thee down.

By my hand
Lady Knight Glorianna Wyndancer Nordenn

Traitor,

I would hide. I would run. I would start contemplating all possible meanings of the phrase, "Please let the good and just Glorianna find me before Dikembe does."

Until I Bring Back The Sun,
Dikembe

I thought it would come to this eventually...

Walking into the woods and consorting with vampires and causing the death of innocent citizens.

To clarify, I did not 'consort' with the vampires; all they wanted to do was kill me, and I would have let them, or whatever might have come upon me in the dark, do it so I would not have to suffer emotionally and phsically at the very hands of those I have tried for years to redeem myself to. I am sorry, so sorry, that Ezrad followed me and died.

I see your accusation, that you think it was me who gave-away the town's plans. I know that there is nothing I can say that would convince you otherwise, and that even if I had the words you would not believe them. But it was not I. Nor would I steal from a fallen hero, or from anyone. I am only a healer, and can only do what I can to the best of my abilities and knowledge. Maybe you should look closer at those who gathered and transported his belongings. As for the traitor, perhaps there is someone else who feels persecuted and despondant enough to take such action. I would think they did this as an act of revenge, either for real or imagined hurts inflicted by either a single person or the town as a whole; the act of someone who did not care how they achieved a means to an end so long as they hurt those who hurt them. Or perhaps it was not so deep as that and it was merely for coin or power; I can see many things that might have motivated them. As for their identity, the entire tavern knew of the plan.

It does not surprise me that someone committed this act. I doubt they gained as much as they wished and am sure they lost more than they intended. But you are right, someday they will be exposed and will pay for their actions. But before then, I hope I am able to prove to you that it was not me.

Veil KeeKoree

RP_Wolf said:
I thought it would come to this eventually...

To clarify, I did not 'consort' with the vampires; all they wanted to do was kill me, and I would have let them, or whatever might have come upon me in the dark, do it so I would not have to suffer emotionally and phsically at the very hands of those I have tried for years to redeem myself to. I am sorry, so sorry, that Ezrad followed me and died.

I see your accusation, that you think it was me who gave-away the town's plans. I know that there is nothing I can say that would convince you otherwise, and that even if I had the words you would not believe them. But it was not I. Nor would I steal from a fallen hero, or from anyone. I am only a healer, and can only do what I can to the best of my abilities and knowledge. Maybe you should look closer at those who gathered and transported his belongings. As for the traitor, perhaps there is someone else who feels persecuted and despondant enough to take such action. I would think they did this as an act of revenge, either for real or imagined hurts inflicted by either a single person or the town as a whole; the act of someone who did not care how they achieved a means to an end so long as they hurt those who hurt them. Or perhaps it was not so deep as that and it was merely for coin or power; I can see many things that might have motivated them. As for their identity, the entire tavern knew of the plan.

It does not surprise me that someone committed this act. I doubt they gained as much as they wished and am sure they lost more than they intended. But you are right, someday they will be exposed and will pay for their actions. But before then, I hope I am able to prove to you that it was not me.

Veil KeeKoree

Contrary to your belief I dont think you told the vampires. I believe I know who told and if I find out if my suspicions are true, I will seek proper procedure for bringing the individual to justice.

Nor do I acuse you of stealing from ragnar, I also do not think that you did this.

I DO know you were convicted of consorting with Necromancers and paid your sentence.

You are a long lived race Veil. I say study the laws of the land or 100 years before you adventure again.

~Glorianna

Glori,

If there is anything I or my family (that's right, we're no longer just a team, we're family) can do please let us know.

-Redcloud

AllianceNJ said:
Someone informing the vampires that we were making the penumbra blade to defeat their evil.

I do not understand how someone could willingly go to a necromantic abomination and tell them of the plans to defeat the cloak of darkness in the land.. and to defeat two atrocities who have decimated our people...

How can someone betray the good folk of our lands who work so hard to defeat evil so we can live in peace?

This is a deep shame and a stain upon the spirit of all of Icenia.

But whomever told the vampires of our plans.... you jeopordized all the people who live in icenia. You hoped to cause darkness to stay upon the land, and allow the vampires to consume us to oblivion.

This fact troubles me greatly.

I do not know what this person (or persons) tried to accomplish by revealing our plans to Lochabur and Arienne but they have cost us freedom from the tyranny and evil of the Galanthian Vampires. With our enemies surrounding us perhaps the weakening of one of our fronts would have saved the lives of the citizens, the nobility and the soldiers on the line.

My hope is to witness the person responsible punished with the same severity as the the crime they committed.

A crime not just against the kingdom and its people but the earth as well.

Cinder Thunderhammer of the Untiring Phalanx
Vex Squad, "Rock of Trellheim"

Back