A few minor questions before this weekend.

Sheakhan

Adept
Being new to this particular game, I wanted to get a few rule related questions out of the way:

- I couldn't find anything in the rulebook that explained it... in my past LARP experiences, when you died, you came back missing the 30 minutes of memory leading up to your death, does that hold true here? I'd rather find out via forum than when I gank some poor fool and he comes back after me.

- Can thrown weapons/waylay widgets count as both? For instance, the rulebook mentions rocks as both viable waylay and thrown implements, is this true for any thrown weapon that meets both category requirements?

- Does this game offer military build rates for service members unable to attend an event due to service obligations?

- If so, being that SOLAR was based off of the same core system, and being that I only had to stop playing due to military obligations (moving to Japan, criminey!) is there any possibility of a character transfer or build liquidation, assuming it was all kosher and I could provide the character data? Figured I'd ask just in case.

- Is there a monster town/camp here? Is it open to anybody willing to volunteer during the event?

Thanks!

Sheakhan said:
I couldn't find anything in the rulebook that explained it... in my past LARP experiences, when you died, you came back missing the 30 minutes of memory leading up to your death, does that hold true here? I'd rather find out via forum than when I gank some poor fool and he comes back after me.
People retain their memory when resurrecting, but there are other methods that exist to remove memories.
Can thrown weapons/waylay widgets count as both? For instance, the rulebook mentions rocks as both viable waylay and thrown implements, is this true for any thrown weapon that meets both category requirements?
An object can be tagged as a thrown weapon and as a waylay legal item separately, but it is possible for a weapon to be both.
Does this game offer military build rates for service members unable to attend an event due to service obligations?
Build rates are limited to existing games and an extra per month. Normally, people are restricted to purchasing blankets up to three months in the past, but people in active service have this limit extended to six months (it might be nine, I'll double check).
is there any possibility of a character transfer or build liquidation, assuming it was all kosher and I could provide the character data? Figured I'd ask just in case.
Alliance and Nero split about 15 years ago. There was a period of a couple of years where transfers from Nero to Alliance were allowed, but they haven't been allowed for over a decade, sorry.
Is there a monster town/camp here? Is it open to anybody willing to volunteer during the event?
Monster camp is in the cabin area called "the Desert." PCs are welcome to double hook, but we tend to have more NPCs at our chapter than most other places (around 30 or so), so we're not in desperate need. If you find yourself looking for something to do and don't want to do it as a PC, you can totally come by Monster Camp.

Back