A few questions...

Pokethulu

Fighter
Public Relations Committee
Greetings all, my name is Liddia FallingStar and I plan on traveling to Andar in the next week. I have a few questions. Who are the nobles in your town? And do they have heralds whome I may contact? Are there any rules against selling goods and trading in Andar, does one need to be a member of a guild, or pay taxes on what they sell? Can one wear their family crest, or does one need documentation of their crest being registered? I am so excited I have tried for a while to reach you through the mist, and this is the first time I have been able to. I earerly await some response.

Many Thanks,
Liddia FallingStar

Welcome fair traveller! Or soon so, at any rate. Seek out my offices at the rear of the tavern in the northern end of the Crossroads and I'll give you a personal tour of the town on one of my many, many circuits ensuring the peace. I promise answers to any and all of your questions or concerns, and any I don't know I'll take you to see the parties in charge of such things to get them squared away post haste! Travel safely, and welcome.

Sheriff Solomon Maxondaerth

Greetings,
I highly recommend beginning your stay in the Adventurer's Quarter of town, especially if you're looking for nobles. You can't hardly draw a sword without it getting caught in someone's title around here. I'd suggest Baron Shikar or Baron Polare, if you're looking to go straight to the top of the local chain. I'm not sure who Baron Shikar's herald is, but I'm reasonably certain that Baron Polare's herald is the wizard Alavatar.

There is brisk trade to be done in the Adventurer's quarter for many, non-staple, goods. By that I mean you will find buyers for potions, weapons, magic, and sweets, but less so for grain or milk. To my knowledge, there are no current laws that require merchant licensing, but the Crossroads are controlled by a number of wealthy merchant houses. Depending on your goods, you may not be welcome in all markets.

You can generally wear what you want, so long as you are aware of the consequences. The Adventurer's quarter can be dangerous, as tempers have been short lately. It is something to keep in mind not only in your dress, but also your words and deeds.

If you are traveling alone, it might be best to seek accommodations with the Earth Guild or rent a room from the tavern. If you are traveling with a group, space is known to be short, so seek it soon as well.

Dreams linger in this place, it might be good to see what further information you can find contained within them..
Kerjal Obcidian Laetshi,
Bandoleer of the Laetshi

He tends to do that. I really need to get that tattoo on him pronto!

Just to clarify for any visitors to the Crossroads, the Crossroads Barony is presided over by Baron Sir Shikar al'Basteua. Baron Polare presides over the neighboring Keystone Barony and oft visits the Crossroads.

If you are unable to find Baron Sir Shikar, I'd recommend seeking out one of his household, particularly Lord Eli or Lady Phaedra.

~Ny'ranï al'Sheehar

Many thanks to all. I only trade in items that are legal, but I did hear mention of merchant guilds. Are there any dues needed to be paid to trade temporarily? I would not want to upset any guild masters or members. I will be bring items to trade as I am a merchant; and the lands of Wayside offers many interesting items. If there are any request by the way, please feel free to let me know.
As for heralds thanks be to Kerjal. I believe that we meet during the tournament in Horns End. I did meet the good baron and we did discuss a few things in our ward. But, I would not be so rude as to directly contact a noble. I do believe in following proper protical. I have been bequeathed with the responsibility to speak and make diplomatic contact with the barons of Andar on behalf of my regant; Effram Rockfist.
And with dress, I am aware that there are laws in certain lands against wardrobe. I do not want to break any laws or disrespect anyone on my travel. I do have lodging, and I believe that my companions have arranged for a place for us to stay.
My next question is how does Fortanis act during this season in your lands? It is raining often? Does it snow often? How cold is it? When traveling via the mist, one can only carry so much.

Thank You,
Liddia FallingStar

How cold? Does it tend to be freezing rain or just cold rain? And is the rain constant or does it taper off from now and then?

Liddia FallingStar

well we never know with the rain, sometimes it drizzles, sometimes it just falls lightly, other times it pours. Usually it rains some and then fades off to rain some more later, and kind of continues in this cycle. I would be suprised if it didn't rain at all.

While I don't expect it to freeze, we have had snow on the ground before this time of year. I would expect it to be just cold

Respectfully

*arcane symbols fly about the dreamscape and an old Sarr appears*

W'w'w'hat's this? W'w'w'weather? He seems to concentrate a bit

rainy... yup. rain. Light rain, rain, showers mixed with rain and some drizzle and some outright showers. Oh, and it should be cold, buty water will remain soft... I think.

*poof*

Thank you for that information.

Whom are the heralds for ether of the Barons? I wish to send them word and make an official appointiment.

Liddia FallingStar

Lady Phaedra is Baron Sir Shikar's preferred individual to contact should you feel it necessary to go through complicated channels.

He generally prefers to be contacted personally, though, to be honest.

~Ny'ranï al'Sheehar

Every land has it's own traditions, if here it is permisable for an individual to directly approach a noble, then I shall try.

Liddia FallingStar

Back