A few words

Pokethulu

Fighter
Public Relations Committee
Adventures of BriarPass,

I would like to thank one and all for you help this past marketday. We proved that with solid planning and a unified force we can become triumphant against any enemy. Our battle is not yet over and the road ahead is long but, take courage in the knowledge that we struck a blow against Renous Thargation and his minions. We can and will have this long deserved victory if we can overcome our differences and unify as we did this last marketday; only as a town can we defend the weak and strike at the injustice that surrounds us. Together we can make this part of the world a better place to live in.

Thank you all,
Regent FallingStar

I would gladly lend my blade to you and your regency anytime I can. I have never fought with more stalwart and true companions. This Vampire Target, er, Thargation is nothing before the unification and fighting spirit of those who were present this gather. He will fall again and again before our spell and blade and might, until he is no more.

-Thud

I was pleased and proud to be able to lend a hand in the continued unending struggle against evil and destruction the adventures carry on in Wayside and I look forward to doing so again. I am quite pleased that you have received the tittle of Regency Lady Fallingstar and will gladly continue to support you as I have done in the past.

May the stars shine on your path,
-Mage Eldarion Avari

Yaye Yaye Yaye! A palpable hit was won against dhat bastardo las' market day and give us hope at las' dhat we, too, grow stronger wit' each time we fight him. He is nye invincible. Dhat it is possible...dhat we can...nye...dhat we will win dhis.

First time in long time dhat I have felt dhis much hope in anyt'ing. Thank you, friends....grazie...grazie grazie.

HAHA! TO DHE END OF AN ERA! TO BRIARPASS!

Marcena said:
Yaye Yaye Yaye! A palpable hit was won against dhat bastardo las' market day and give us hope at las' dhat we, too, grow stronger wit' each time we fight him. He is nye invincible. Dhat it is possible...dhat we can...nye...dhat we will win dhis.

First time in long time dhat I have felt dhis much hope in anyt'ing. Thank you, friends....grazie...grazie grazie.

HAHA! TO DHE END OF AN ERA! TO BRIARPASS!

Traitor ta your people!

You r jest like da rest of da Gaje... bezides, you should mind your tongue lest it fall into de sands and be dried like salt. I am of noble blood.

Fallingztar,

One Victory and your ready to proclaim de Var is on da way to be won? You zay you vant to make zthis place a better one... yet you push for war with me. When you'r ar readi to zurrender I vill be a grazious victor, lives taken dat need not taking. Truly... can 20 or 30 stand agaizt an army? Be reazonable fo da sake of yar peoples... zthey need not die in vain for a personal grudze you and your "adventurers" hold against me.

Ze starz are not wit you in de battles ahead...I will not fail again!

Reynios Thargathien

Since I was first summoned here to Wayside; the peoples of Wayside have fought against an evil and evasive enemy. This 'war' has vital military and operational components, which have proceed in many different was in the months and years past. From the storming of Lady Death's cave to the crippling blow of sealing Halgrimson's Crypt. We will meet this 'war' head on. We have allies, ones; who have felt this enemy's evil first hand. Those allies who have felt the pain of seeing their dead raised to further one man's selfish goals. Allies who's honor was stripped. But force alone can not win this 'war'.

Victories require those allies. We must rob Reynios Thargathien and his forces, masquerading as those of 'noble mind and blood' of support, sympathy and the indolent idleness of those who came before. Just has he robbed his own people of their dignity and humanity. Just as he has stolen the homeland from High Orcs. And just as he has stolen the lives of those who walk this earth.

Those brave spirits who stand to fight against this evil have had many victories. Let us not forget the destruction of a lost spirit known as Quassim who was twisted by Thargathien. Or the freeing of the unicorn Lumière. Have we forgotten the permanent death of Lady Death, the Shade or the Death Jester? Or the peace reached with the Stone Biters? The watering of the Life tree? The destruction of Lurin and Runir those who's strength was robbed and perverted? Targus we have not won just one victory. We have been triumphant many times in the past and will continue until we reach our goal.

We are not just farmers, merchant, lawyers, guilds men and adventurers. We are Wayside. No longer can we let this evil walk and dictate to us how to live our lives.

No man who is truly noble as you claim would continue down such a destructive and selfish path.

I believe that you have forgotten this saying.

Let Noble Thoughts Come to Us From Every Side.

This is a beautiful ancient verse of wisdom. Everything originates from thoughts. An idea takes shape from thoughts. After scrutiny and deliberation it becomes an act. When several acts take place a character is formed.
 In the long run one's destiny evolves from such a character. That is the power of thought.

It is up to us to make a thought noble or otherwise. Noble thoughts are those which ensure welfare of society and of oneself. They result in noble acts and constant performance of noble acts makes a noble character. Such an individual is an asset to society. Great leaders in all walks of life have made significant contributions. They have always entertained noble thoughts and through noble acts achieved greatness for the country and for themselves.

We benefit by welcoming noble ideas from every one. The collective result of all noble ideas will do collective good. It is the pooling of the best minds and the best thoughts, which results in the best action.

Those who develop noble thoughts and acts will find joy in giving and sharing with others what they have. The rich and well off sections of society should come forward to give part of their earnings to the poorer sections of the people without government intervention. If this is done a serious dent on the problem of poverty can be made. The hand of the giver is always higher. We can give anything, which is useful, or others. It can be materials of all types or knowledge, which will make them better and useful citizens. Giving knowledge is an enriching experience. It is like lighting several lamps from a single lamp. The mother lamp does not lose its brightness or light when the others are lighted. Similarly when all give to one another there will be love, happiness and prosperity. Problems will be less and effort and energy will be available for achieving great things. We can thus alleviate poverty and eliminate suffering to a greater extent.

It is useful to remember the maxim:
Sow a thought and reap an idea,
Sow an idea and reap an act,
Sow an act and reap a character
Sow a character and reap a destiny.
Let us imbibe the content of this maxim and strive hard to achieve progress based on positive thoughts.

The true weight of a noble is in their deeds. A noble act is worthy of respect and honor. You are no noble.

And if the stars shine on me or turn from my path, I know in my heart that my choice to defend those who can not defend themselves and to protect the beliefs that I have strived to live for is just.

I am saddened that you can not see the path you once walked.

Regent FalllingStar

Vict'ry, loss, call it what y'will, ah will not celebrate eithah. Ah mourn, an' shall mourn fo' de loss an' waste of greatness. A man who once was de best o' his people 'as become d'ere bane. One who was loved by many is now loathed and spurn'd by all. Where once d'ere was a great man d'ere is now a shell, not so much em'ty but full o' all de t'ings dat make mock'ry o' de man as he was in life. No true vic'try can come o' dis, only tragedy brought to a final close, begun gen'rations back.
You, you T'ING d'at wear mah brothah's face, and shame his name. You are ah gangrenous cancre on de lands d'at gave you an' yo' blood a gift oh so long ago. You got to be cut out so de land an' yo' people can heal, mon frere morte. Ah tried, time an' again, to do dis de easy way. Ah looked, an looked, into d'ose dead eyes fo' one spahk, o' who you once were. An' yet, you still prefer de company o' rotted folk to de wahmth of yo' own. But you ah gone, long long gone, an' ah am too late. De hard way it is.

More's de pity.

~Raif

Back