A Notice to All Adventurers

We also have the scroll and components for a spirit farewell in Icenia. Thought was of having it during the Ducal Ball. Whereever his memory is to be honored please let me know for I wish to be there, as the spirit can only be spirit farewelled once.

~Glori

To the person who has Ragnar's belongings,
I will give the benefit of the doubt in that it was a very stressful night for all in Fairdale. Perhaps in the grief and the subsequent Vampiric attacks you were distracted and in error forgot to return his belongings. I myself had Gwendara's items from where she dissappeared and it took me some time to find one of her team members to give them to. Please I implore you return Ragnar's belongings at your earliest convenience. Please notify Sir Eros, or another Noble that you have them and intend to return them. I will give you a Magic Item and Protectives for "safe guarding" his items on my honor as Squire. Sir Eros I will leave the reward item with the Celestial Guildmaster upon my return to Fairsdale.

I hope that you will do the right thing and I suspect no further prossecution shall be sought.

Symerille FoxFire
(Formerly Symerille Strongbow)
Wizard of Whitesword
Squire to Paladin Azreal

Khaadijah,

Ragnar was a great friend to me, and i will see to it that all the items are returned to you and yours. It has been a long time since i have had a long hunt. You only need to let me know and we will taste fresh blood.

Khajiit

To the friends of Ragnar,
Ragnar and I had our differences through the years but we always had each other's back. I can remember many, many fond times adventuring together. Sometimes we'd be seeking treasure, drinking in a tavern and making fun of people of other obnoxious behaviors. I just saw him breifly a week ago and now he's gone. My heart truly is hurt by this loss. Please accept my sympathies to those who traveled with him more regularly and considered him family.

Muggins Letterby Stoutheart
Friend of Ragnar's

I can't even begin to express my sadness at this news. Ragnar was my friend, my teacher and one of my favorite people to just sit around, swill ale and poke fun at people with. He was usually found in good spirits, but when angered, he had a passion that stired those around him. I will miss you, friend. May you find the peace in the afterlife that you relished here, whether that lay on the field of battle or on a comfy bar stool.

To the person or persons who are currently in possesion of his items. I judge you not, tis not my job. Perhaps you thought he was a fallen enemy, perhaps you thought to recover his belongings before someone else spirited them away, perhaps you cold heartedly took what was nae yours without care for anyone but yourself. However, I do reccomend that you take up the offer of amnesty for the return of his things. The wrath of the populace and the scorn of your townsfolk is nae a pleasant thing to have over your head. If you did take the items with good intent, this is your chance to say so, if you didn't, well that is your burden to carry.

-Redcloud

I really dont know what to say. When gilwing told me about this i was filled with grief ... at the last gathering we had, Ragnar and I talked over so much, I cant believe hes gone ..... I am glad that i had the chance to talk to my firend at least one last time, and clear the air over all that has happened in the past. To ragnar ...rest in peace my friend, I hope to one day rejoin you in the graveyard and we can spare / drink again. To all his friends and family, ... i am sorry and ashamed that i was not there to help him ... if we had been there maybe we could have changed the tide for him, I will hold this pain till the end of my days ..... To the person that looted my Friends body.... when i find you there will nothing that will prevent me from sending to graveyard...nothing

Lyle,

While I do not know you, I consider myself a friend to Ragnar. I only knew him for a short time but I found myself fighting next to him many times. I wish I could say something that would soften the grief, but I fear really only time will heal these wounds. What I can say is this, please do not be ashamed that you were not there when he fell. I fell before he did, but I am told he single handedly held the line of vampires off while the adventurers retreated to regroup. He held an entire wave of foes from attacking the flanks and probably sending many to their deaths. His death was one of the most valiant I have heard of. I don't think he would want you to think of his final act and be ashamed or pained. Rather, I think he would want you to remember his actions with pride.

Peace be with you,

-Gwendara Alanik
Seneschal of the Stormblades

Gwendara said:
Lyle,

While I do not know you, I consider myself a friend to Ragnar. I only knew him for a short time but I found myself fighting next to him many times. I wish I could say something that would soften the grief, but I fear really only time will heal these wounds. What I can say is this, please do not be ashamed that you were not there when he fell. I fell before he did, but I am told he single handedly held the line of vampires off while the adventurers retreated to regroup. He held an entire wave of foes from attacking the flanks and probably sending many to their deaths. His death was one of the most valiant I have heard of. I don't think he would want you to think of his final act and be ashamed or pained. Rather, I think he would want you to remember his actions with pride.

Peace be with you,

-Gwendara Alanik

Any death that is preventable is a waist of a death and if the Black Forest Family was there it would of been prevented.

If any one knows of his family I would like to contact them. I have always travled with out a sur name but to honor my falen brother I would like to use Ragnars.

-Gilwing Foxfire-

Noone is going to like me for saying it but, Ragnar's family will not feel the same way as all of you do. I would not go to them thinking that they would be sad. Ill leave it go at that for honor of the dead falling in battle.

Walgar of the Wolf tribe

Walgar said:
Noone is going to like me for saying it but, Ragnar's family will not feel the same way as all of you do. I would not go to them thinking that they would be sad. Ill leave it go at that for honor of the dead falling in battle.

Walgar of the Wolf tribe

Just because you share blood doesn't make you family. I considered Ragnar my brother.

I am not saying you as in YOU Walgar....

Gilwing said:
Any death that is preventable is a waist of a death and if the Black Forest Family was there it would of been prevented.

If any one knows of his family I would like to contact them. I have always travlled with out a surname but to honor my fallen brother I would like to use Ragnar's.

-Gilwing Foxfire-

I see, then perhaps I overstepped my bounds with my words. I meant nothing other than to give some form of solace. Forgive me.

Honor and Duty,

-Gwendara Alanik

Gilwing,

Do you wish to speak with me? Because Ragnar is my family and he considered me so. I would not mind talking to you.

Khaadijah Ragnarnichte

All I know is Arienne is going to pay.....death is too good for her. She will feel my wrath.

Greye

Gwendara said:
Gilwing said:

If any one knows of his family I would like to contact them. I have always travlled with out a surname but to honor my fallen brother I would like to use Ragnar's.

-Gilwing Foxfire-

I see, then perhaps I overstepped my bounds with my words. I meant nothing other than to give some form of solace. Forgive me.

Honor and Duty,

-Gwendara Alanik

You did not overstep your bounds at all. I understand that you are trying to console and I am thankful of it.

No more requests from him for shoulder rubs. Not more tugging on his beard. No more lazy afternoons watching him spar with the younger adventurers. No more stories... oh the stories... and helping tell the stories. I have been gone too long and feel that his death is also in part my fault. If I had been there, like I used to be, standing behind him with one hand on his back and my earthen magic ready... no... it is what it is. Even by being there myself fate may have already been sealed.

I had hoped that when I could return, I would be greeted with the faces of those I love. And yet it seems these last few years steal them away from me one by one.

Ragnar was a very dear friend. He was there with me when I met Tsarbane and was adopted by the Runeweaver famila. He was there when I stood trial for ill-judgement and took a death for my ignorance, and was there to console me and help me redeem myself. He was there to bodyguard me (along with all my other bodyguards) when needed and we watched each others backs, always. He helped champion my way into the Blackforest Adventuring Company, which still hold some of the most cherished and amusing memories for me. He and Alexander taught me to wield my sword when I decided it was time to pick up something bigger than a dagger to defend with.

Ragnar rests now with my brother, Aldric, in the Hero's Graveyard. I hope to one day be able to visit, when my time comes. I was there once as a mortal, when the Registrar had made a clerical error. Perhaps it is what others say, Ragnar is a hard man to keep dead. The Registrar may have to be convinced of another error, because I do not think the world is ready for him to be gone just yet.

Sincerely,
Kheritana Pretera Runeweaver ~ Just another spirit in the fight against evil.

The name Aldric echoed in my dreams, no doubt from Kheritana. He was the first wetlander that I came to like and, as the Elemental Knight of Water, it seemed fitting. Now another of those Knights has fallen. Ragnar and I were not necessarily friends. I would say we understood each other as anyone understands another who has stood side-by-side, sword in hand, while facing great odds. Ragnar was a great warrior. He did much for the peoples of Arandin. With the loss of so many in the past year, his his death is but another to add to the current strife. My sentiments go out especially to those who were closer to him than I, his family and friends. Ragnar is certainly one who was welcome to my water and my shade.

Kalaji ibn Faruq Am-khaibitu Entil'zha
Guardian of the Eternal City
Ambassador to the Kingdom of Arandin

Back