A Requisition for Malatite

Copies of the same letter arrive at both the general offices of The Mistweavers Guild hall in Riftguard and The Earth’s Chosen fortress in Old Rathfall: a simple rolled scroll of plant-pulp based parchment bound in jute cording, and sealed with a beeswax sigil of a lotus flower in full bloom nestled atop the bosom of a stylized heart pierced by a thin dagger. Breaking the waxen seal releases the bright fragrance of ginger root, and reveals the following penned in a flowing script:

To Whom it May Concern,

My name is Adlao, a Housemother from the Unbounded community who has been aiding the Great Houses of Rathfall in their efforts again the Blight this last season. In addition to my work as a public welfare worker, I am also a mystical researcher in the fields of Brewing and Earthen Aspect Formal Ritual Casting, especially where those two fields intersect with the magical disciplines of Abjuration, Restoration, and Thaumaturgy. I would like to submit a request for a sample of the mineral known as Malatite; however, I am unsure which house or institution, if any, regulates the circulation of and access to this precious substance. I would need no more than 1 gram of the material, and it can be any pure form, whether that be ingot, foiled leaf, or dust. From the notes I have gathered, Malatite has a powerful deterring property with respect to the befouling existence of the Blight. I hope to understand this mineral better, and to compare it to other substances deeply connected to immaculacy from across the many Mistspheres I have visited. I would be happy to share my research and its applications, both grand and mundane, with your various institutions for peer review.

My dream is to collaborate with other likeminded benefactors to craft an artifact of powerful Purity that could be wielded to thwart any evil threatening a realm. I believe my understanding of Malatite will bring me one step closer to designing the schematics for such a countermeasure. Perhaps one day, my work will be a boon to the Grimere Expanse in its hour of great need.

Please let me know if there is any service I can perform in exchange for the mineral sample. I can gather a few of my Unbounded Friends to help in this matter, and in this way I hope to create a win-win scenario for all involved.

With gratitude,
Housemother Adlao- HM

Last edited:
Back