A Royal Proclamation and Call for Aid, April 19th, 621

To all who would help,

In the last few days we have learned things which have changed our understanding of the Deadlands.

Reports initially indicated that there is a city which somehow, miraculously floats in the skies over the lost island of Kalcadia. It has been confirmed that Kalcadia is a savage jungle of vampire animals, Sarr, and Kin.

With a flight voyage and consequent report from Ria Tabris of the Hierophan we know that this magical city in the sky does in fact exist, and we have reason to believe it is ruled by a government not unlike our own, made of refugees from lost Kalcadia and Syraandor that was, united by some unknown, powerful elemental forces with influence over the very sky.

Two ambassadors to this city, which we are told is called Aolia, have come to the Hollow Bastion in seek of help. One of the emissaries was a Knight of Syraandor, Sir Ethane Fitzgerald, and he claimed that this sky city is soon to be under attack by Sadeen Moor. Sadeen Moor is believed to be preparing for this attack by readying a full fledged armada of nearly 200 war ships, led by Good Father himself.

I will make this brief. We aim to establish a defensive front in hopes of keeping Sadeen Moorian forces from reaching Kalcadia, and we need your help.

Any boatman, sailor, warrior, healer, mage, anyone who will fight to protect these people of Aolia, who we are told number in the hundreds of thousands, please, come to Authenrai, and make haste, for our time is short.

Lord Orin and I will be leading this naval force, regardless of who belongs to it. The Crown will do all that it can to compensate for resources lost in this military endeavor, but no promises can be made.

May the fates speed you to us,
In Trust,
Lord Admiral Galloway, Knight of Eire

(email deadlandscharplot@gmail.com if you wish to have your character be part of this battle)

My Lords,

House Landcharmer, tho in its infancy, answers this call. In accordance with House Landcharmer's mission, I am seeking aid from accross the mists and directing all who answer to Authenrai. At the end of the week I am presenting our case for aid to the Kingdom of Icenia, in accordance as Her Majesty's advisor to the Kingdom of Icenia.

Everywere and always in service,
Lord Amaranthus Landcharmer of Stoneroost

Lord Galloway,

Wherever there may be innocents we must be their shield. Wherever their is evil we must carry forth spear and spell.

The Phalanx, too, shall answer this call. Many of us will be traveling to Authenrai with haste to aid in the defense on the people there.

One Shield; Meaningless Without All Others,

Riddick Dale
Formal Advisor to Sir Theodin Stanhelm-Hammerfist
Leader of the Phalanx

A floating city?! With Kin and all living on it? To see that, I would brave even the saltiest of seas.

I, Helix of... well, nothing really, just Helix... shall answer your call!

But, if I'm to be honest here, I'm a bit vexed about the enormous bats that the Sadeen Moorians are always flying about on, eh? Do we have some creature what flies too, to combat them? Otherwise it would seem they have a way to get to this floating city and we do not.

Helix
No Interesting Titles
Not-Quite-Master of Healing Magic, But Working on it

Lord Admiral Galloway,

You have my pledged blade and life if so needed.

~ Avian Toth

I expect there will be a strong showing amongst my own, but nevertheless, I will offer what aid I am able to this endeavor.

- Childe Sevaria of Goshawk
House Sunderdragon

All twelve of the current Ria and three of the Childe, inlcuding Sevaria, are committed to this battle.

We will confront the Sky Mounts and their Riders.

Ria Taybris Jehiel of the Hierophan

I am at your service, Ria of the Heirophan.

(And your's too, obviously, Lord Galloway.)

- Helix

I promise you that I'll give everything I can to help. I actually learned a little bit about how Sadeen Moor makes Purelords some time ago. I plan to send you a letter about this immediately, Lord Galloway. I'll be there at full fighting (healing?) strength to support you and your troops.

~Caillen Taggert

I reckon even the most stubborn Pure Lord would have trouble disbelieving an explosive trap. I grow tired of fighting inhuman insects, perhaps a change of scenery and opponent can cleanse my palette from my particular onslaught.

Lord Amaranthus, my unique talents are at your disposal.

Riddick, meet you in Authenrai.

A Dagger Hidden Amidst A Forest Of Shields,
Paolo Laertes Oscarot
Alchemist of the Phalanx

I was thinking about what I can do to help and I remembered something I have. If you think it would be useful, I have something called what I think is a ballista. It's pretty, but it is through the mists. If you think it would be useful to have, please let me know and I will try and find a group to help me bring it through the mists.

~Sun~

Paolo,
Get in touch with me as soon as you are able. I would like to requisition something if it is plausible.

-Z

Although Ivar and I Can not make the trip at this time because of other duties we have taken on...If you are in need of Potions , Alchemy or Blades give Us a list and we will have them ready for pick up or delivery.
Deborah

Lord Galloway,

My people are not known for their travel at sea. However, I have heard a bit of what these Sadeen Morians do to Dwarves. I will stop by the forge and workshops of Ivar and Deborah before I make my start. What limited abilities I have will be at your service. Although, You may need to get me good and drunk just to get me on a ship. Here's hoping I don't have to see too much of this water we will be travellin' on. I much prefer the solid earth beneath my feet. Anyone willin' to keep me asleep until ye have need of me?

Duorn Bronzebeard

I will provide any assistance I can, expect me with the rest of my group.

~Azureith D'Hara~

a floating city sounds fun. but are there trees and water? honestly if there's no water up there I'm not sure I can go. I can do small healings. And I can read scrolls that are easy to read. I don't read big magic yet. But I will help wherever people are fighting those that cause chaos to destroy the forest.

Back