A unique list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parked in a better-lit table in the tavern, Evo takes a drink from his tankard. With a dark frown and obsessive concentration, he takes pen to parchment. When at last the draft is finished, he makes copies of the missive himself, wanting no errors in scribing from a second hand. He posts a copy on the wall of notices, once again covering Garridan's poster with something of importance.

To all interested in the welfare of Kingdom and Land,

A plague threatens all, and it must be stopped now. With haste we must unravel the latest curse of Kara Vale, through gathering a number of curious reagents and performing a ritual to undo her foul magic.

The following items were used in the ritual, and must be countered by their opposites. Any insights or corrections to the proposed counters are welcome, as we must be fully certain before invoking our own magics.

Reagents
  • Tongue of a Traitor: Countered by the Heart of a Hero? "The tongue is the means by which one generally becomes a traitor. What would guide its opposite? A Traitor is vilified, a Hero is revered..."
  • Marrow of a Dragon: Countered by the Feather of a Griffin? Blood of a Griffin? "Griffins are equally as intimidating and amazing creatures as dragons, but different in their construction. Marrow is the beginnings of blood in all creatures..."
  • the Song of a Banshee: Countered by A Dying Breath? "It is told that the Banshee's wail signifies an impending death. Only upon the last breath for whom she cries does her song cease as well."
  • the Rage of a Son: Countered by A Family's Reconciliation? The Love of a Mother? "We are all sons or daughters to our parents, whether or not we always see eye-to-eye. Though when we do, it can be a source of joy for all..."
In addition, any artifacts or persons holding the power of Life or Purification should be considered essential for this magic. Please bring any insights into the above list or any items that might fit their description to me as quickly and safely as possible. If you wish to offer your wit, your strength, or your magical power, celestial or of the Earth, know that your aid is welcomed.

In service to the realm,
Evo Escariot, Lore Teacher, Magistrate pro tempore in Parson's Breach

Evo departs the tavern, bringing his copies with him to find a messenger.

Shiv pauses upon entering the Tavern to read the new message.

Reading the fine script of Master Evo and the dire need for the noted reagents; Shatrevar tears a page from his journey and hastily scribbles a note which he pins to the notice.

"Master Evo; please forgive this ignorant Ogre .... While in the tavern I encountered 3 elven females who through happenstance gave me two feathers of an "exotic bird". I did inquire further at the time of what bird they came from and gave the feathers to Mistress Kai, since they were pretty and matched her dress. I know not whether these are the feathers you seek, but thought it best to mention in case they are.

Your humble servant,
Shatrevar Remmington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back