A warning to all the peoples of the Grasslands

KyleSchmelz

Fighter
This is a warning to everyone within the Grasslands and beyond - the Corrupt are coming. If they haven't already, they will soon pass beneath the Great River and invade your lands. Gather your people, rally your warriors... Do not let them gain ground or they will spread until there is nothing left.

For those warriors willing to face them, here are some things you need to know:
What one Corrupt knows, all of the Corrupt know. Be careful with your information. They are all connected in one hivemind called the Weave.
Poisons will not affect the Corrupt.
Command spells will not affect the Corrupt unless they are divorced from the Weave - if there is no Node nearby, the Corrupt will be damaged or even destroyed by Command spells.
The Corrupt are intelligent and will adapt to your defenses. Do not think that one strategy will hold out forever.
Their numbers are effectively limitless. You will not and cannot outlast the Corrupt. Only decisive action will turn them back, and even then only for a time.

The Weave will spread via their Nodes. If you encounter a Node, destroy it with Shatter spells, Destroy spells, or explosives. Where the Weave spreads, the land dies.

Be ready.

Briar of First Forest
Protector of the Earth Guild of Gaden

They are likely to be lead by a being known only as The Shade. He is a human cloaked in darkness. He will get into your head and try to break your will. Be strong, be diligent. 3 years ago the construction of a Greater Corrupt Node was prevented by the Gaden Adventurers along with the unity of the Sarr, High Ogres and Ironbark Dryads of the Grasslands. Unified, we sent them back and halted their plans.

The time is now to once again do that very same thing.

- Asher Oakheart
Healer of the Earth Guild of Gaden

Briar of First Forest,

I have not seen Corrupt on the western banks since the day you and your companions fought alongside us when the accursed Coatl managed to cross, but I do not doubt your words.

I shall send my swiftest runners to warn clans of my kin and prepare them for what may come.

- Aunukah

Do not count out the warriors of the Noble House Roiyaru, I do not care who brought you the information of our concerns but are warriors are without equal and we still guard jealousy the portals to the soft world above. The corrupt will find their attempts to travel the remainder of our tunnels difficult as we clog them with the dead bodies of our enemy. Every warrior left in the citadel is peerless in their ability and dutiful in their upholding of our pledge to not let a single creature pass under the great river.

The day you see a single corrupt emerge from the great dark tunnels into the sun light, is the day that you can rest assured every member of the House Roiyaru is taking to their eternal slumber on a bed of the corpses of the corrupt's fellows. Make no mistake in this, my warriors and servants will uphold all that our ancestors promised in this war. Know that we do not seek your help, the battle lines are well drawn and this is our fight as it has been since the time the Dask laid it upon us, do not trespass or interfere.

-Matron Roiyaru

Perhaps the danger was overstated, but my warning stands: keep vigilant. A single Node within the Grasslands could be disastrous.

Briar

Back