All Farmers, Hunters, and things that like to eat

DracoIam

Spellsword
We enjoy bountiful full harvest now. Next year no harvest. Prepare now. Save as much as you can for the coming winter next summer and winter again. Make preparations, learn to store foods, teach your neighbors.

Even Dark Dwarves, Trolls, Knolls and Goblins please save food. The entrails foretold no harvest next season.

Even if you doubt the entrails reading of a shaman of my tribe it better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

-Gorka

Storing food is extremely costly to maintain, especially in the levels you are talking about, I'm going to need more to go on then 'someone saw hunger in entrails'. This could also create a self fulfilling prophecy, if people hoard their seed grains and instead store them, harvests will indeed drop next year.

As to the Dark Dwarves and the trolls, they would be far more likely to raid storehouses than bother storing up food themselves.

Can anyone give me a more concrete reason as to WHY there would be no harvest next year? Especially considering the bountiful harvests we are currently seeing.

-Enan Bluewater

Gorka is talking about me, I'm the one who did the entrail reading. I take full responsibility for what I saw and what I'm about to explain. I'm sorry I wasn't able to speak to you in private about this sooner, Enan.

I was asked at this previous market day to try and see if the harvest for next year would be as good as the current one. I saw peace and tranquility, a very bountiful harvest. Plenty for everyone. Then I felt a great rage and entropy and chaos sunk into the land itself. There will be no harvest next year, people are going to starve if we aren't careful. My gift of sight is powerful, I trust what I saw to be accurate. I'm not saying we need to be hasty and risk losing more food from spoilage or that we need to alarm everyone. We just need to deal with this as something that can and will come to pass.

-Keallit

Kealit, Gorka,

Thanks for the headsup. I'll help if you need anything let us know. I have a feeling it has to do with that All Cherry thing or with the corrupt so I'd check with Kale's group as I bowed out of that one. Or Foss since I think he's a co-owner of the cherry business.

Jehan

Hey Jehan! We took care of the cherry thing! The tree told us so!

Lightning

Lightning,

Did you happen to find out why it happened? The why is the related factor not the tree itself. There is something wrong with the wild aspect of nature. I know it but I don't know what.

All summer we've had reports of plants growing huge, encountered forest groves so lush as to become deadly and now fruit with claws.

Anyone else think there's a pattern? I think its worth looking into.

Jehan

The All-Cherry spirit? I believe Mr. Siril has something to fill me in on. I apologize for what occurred that evening as well; although I didn't have knowledge of the effect it had until it was too late, I do feel I owe you all that much. Thank you again for all you folks do around here!

- Vick Higgins, Cherry Farmer

I do tell Vou the truth the food and drink vou supplied vere most dezirable and a velcomed treat, vut do to the happeningz and the vide distrivution of the problem I believe vou and Foss have reparationz to make along vith a recall.

Kitaruen Kopanari

Gorka think that the Cherries were just a way to target a formal spell. The spell being a compelling whispering wind with a backlash flaw thing to make us and animals berserk. He just wanted someone to come help him. The All Cherry Spirit is still missing a 3rd of himself, but feels much better now.

But I think that the need to save and store is not affected by the All Cherry tree.

-Gorka

Jehan-san,

Gorka's assessment is correct is in alignment with my own. While I am not an alchemist, after my own study, it appears that the raw cherries were enchanted and not alchemical in nature; once a raw cherry was imbibed the enchantment had immediate effect. Antidotes had no effect upon the enchanted individual. Once the initial event/ enchantment passed, it did not have a continual affect upon the individual.

With regards to the All Cherry Spirit, it was apparent that the spirit was bamboozled (I believe that is the surface world term). The spirit was manipulated, led, and imprisoned within the tree using aspects of its own personality/ self. The All Cherry Spirit manifested its desire for help by projecting its own rage via enchanting the cherries it produced. In my assessment there may have been alternate methods that may have been more efficient at eliciting a helpful response, however, it did appear to have the intended effect in attracting the attention of the adventuring population.

We did find some additional items of note around the tree itself which were provided to Sera Fallingstar-san. If you wish additional information, you may contact either her or myself directly.

In either case, it does appear that there are many "odd" occurrances regarding the flora and fauna of the land, of which I am of the assessment that they are related directly or indirectly to what we found. I do encourage everyone to be mindful and observant to any other "oddly" enchanted flora or fauna, and also strongly encourage individuals not to disregard this omen outright.

May the Light guide you and may Shadow guard your path.

Arcanist Dure'dhel
Warlock of the Royal Celestial Guild of Gaden

Duredhel,

I totally agree with Gorka we should be saving what we can. If she has a plan for how to save food we can pitch some coin into it. I'm not much of a farmer but I can help as needed. I just think we ougt to leave some eggs in the "solving the problem" basket. If not the all cherry then something else might be causing it. I propose we attack this problem by planning for the worsr (no harvest) and trying to resolved it. Here are some ideas:

1) Worst case we cast a bountifull harvest. LIfestorm would gladly give one up but we don't have the catalyst and I can't read it to tell you what it is. Kalin and I arent anywhere near the box since we are prepping for next month.

2) We could summon the wild unicorn or seek her out and ask her point blank ('im a fan of that option) I think Liddia knows the ritual to summon her but it would eat up like a 3rd of the lifespells in town.

3) Vision scroll to stop the lack of harvest targetted on my favorite orcish celestialist (sorry nony not you)? Or one of you vision hounds decides whats best... I hate visions too confusing.

4)Pursue the all cherry's other pieces and see if, with its whole self intact, the all cherry has a clue why all this is going on.

Just some ideas to pursue...while we prepare for a no harvest season to see if we have a grip. I realize we might not be able to stop it... but it doesnt hurt to try.

Jehan Wyldweaver

All,

The options that Jehan mentioned are all valid. I think that the best first option would be to seek Lumiere and to check in on the life tree. Something has affected her and has caused an overflowing of Life in the region. We might be able to seek her out but, Jehan is also correct that it would also take out about a third of the life spells in town. It may be the Corrupt or something more sinister, that is yet to be seen.

The All Cherry ,must be restored and if anyone has any specific questions please send me a pigeon. I do not wish to speak of specifics on the dream realm in this matter.

Kealit,

Gorka came and told me about the extispicy reading. In the future come to one of the Knights with this information first. That way we can spread the information to the Baron and His Grace. I would like to do a joint reading with you in the future using my astronomy and your extispicy. I am not an expert in that field but, I do know that most animals used for this purpose need to be pure, did you need such an animal or not? Perhaps if we use an animal put aside and prepare more then we will get different results.

Sera FallingStar

Sera Fallingstar,
I'm sorry I didn't bring this information to you or Sera Eldandril myself, Gorka volunteered to inform the knights for me. I apologize for any miscommunications. Next time I'll bring it to the knights personally. It would be an honor to work with you, I can better explain what I did and can do in a private message if you'd like or we can meet up at the next market day. Whichever is more preferable for you.

-Keallit

Back