Alliance Rulebook 2.1 Draft 5

Brewing Sup Eq.

The language in Congealing Powder (pg 96) presents this as functioning differently than normal weapon coatings (pg83).

Justin has already clarified in local Discord that applicable text was indeed cut and should be added back in. But to keep feedback all in the same requested location I'm simply re-posting here for everyone's visibility.
Updated

Thank you

Brewing Sup Eq: Vial of Resistance,

Says "Can not be made by Humans" This potion does not appear to be unique to each Racial Resist, such as "Vial of Command Resistance" for example. So a Brewer can make the Vial of Resistance, even for Racial Resists they do not have. With this in mind, wouldn't it make sense that "any brewer" could create the potion, but that it could only be used by non-humans. As humans do not have a racial resist to expend when drinking the potion - But there is no reason a human could not make the potion.

Resist "magic", should be "Resist Spell" as DE no longer (sadly) get resist magic.

I personally disagree and fully believe feeding a potion to someone should be a counted action as an "action [that] cannot actually be performed for reasons of safety or reality but must be considered as taking some time to complete" especially since it is an interaction with another player that isn't performing any pantomime that should be 1. announced to that player for clear comprehension of what is occuring since it is NOT happening in reality and 2. be interruptible by that player (if they're conscious, etc.) or other players as per standard interruptible means, since they are delivering an in-game effect to another player and it is very frequently an action taking place in active combat.

According to your logic, I can tell someone to close their eyes in-game while they are fully conscious, hold a vial silently vaguely in the area near their head for 3 seconds while they sit there, then say "Aha, I just fed you a Paralysis potion, even though you definitely would have been able to tell that was happening in real life if I actually was opening your mouth and pouring liquid inside!"

If an action doesn't affect anyone but myself, sure, I'll absolutely pantomine and l don't count it. But if it does affect someone else and they're not in on the pantomime, I should count it so that everyone involved or witnessing the action is in the loop of what is happening.

When I drink a potion myself, I pantomime all actions involved: lift potion, open mouth, make drinking motion, etc. When I feed a potion to someone else, I can't make them do the pantomime parts involved on their part - only the pantomime on my part. They aren't doing anything. Therefore, the action isn't taking place in reality and should fall under 3-count purview.

I can speak with 100% certainty that there are several known chapters, past and present, including those overseen/played by members of ARC past and present, that have played by the paradigm I describe above at every game for 15+ years. I know there are members of every single National committee (including ARC) that currently that do this because they believe it to be the proper method and how it is done in the chapters they play. It's a long-lived, widespread thing. To those chapters/players, the change being made here is just as notable of a "very big rules change to an existing mechanic to suddenly add" in the other direction and is set to be a very confusing shift for a lot of players. It's been an ambiguous thing for a long time played differently across the country, and I don't think it can be simply determined in the rulebook as one way or the other without going through proper Rules discussion and approval channels.

But hey, I'm not the one writing the rulebook, so my opinion doesn't matter.
it does matters

Pg 88. Smithing Adventuring Equipment

Armor to 40 Armor Points 1+5 per AP (round up)
Armor 41 Armor Points and up 8+2 per 5AP>40 (round up)

So to me the 40pt armor and below equation looks wrong. 1+5 per AP would mean a 1pt armor costs 6 crafting materials. and 2pt armor would be 12 crafting materials. Or could be infered as 1+(5xAP) this would be 1pt=6cm, 2pt=11cm, 3pt=16cm

I think the actual equation should be 1 per 5AP (rounded up) That would mean 1-5pt armor = 1cm, 6-10pt armor=2cm, ... 36-40pt armor = 8cm

The equation for AP greater than or equal to 41pts also is a bit fuzzy about order of operations.
8+2 per 5pt >40 would be a bit clearer mathematically with some perenthansy 8+(2 per 5ap >40 (rounded up))
CM=8+2(((AP-40)/5)Rounded up )

Last edited:
The math got swapped around somehow between drafts 4 & 5, and the one present in draft 5 is incorrect.

Docs is aware of the issue and I believe it has been fixed for the next draft.

Pg. 91 Potion Potency
Potion Potency This ability allows the character, upon activation, to increase the numerical value by 5 of any potion containing an Earth Signature Spell that they administer.

This doesn't seem to say weather its just a one time use on the Next potion Administered or if there is a time limit

Should be 10 minutes.
Docs has been informed.

Pg. 101 Gel Applicator

Skill Requirement: Tinkering 10, Earth or Celestial Channeling but in prevus skill requirements needing either type of channeling was notated as just Channeling

Pg. 101 Gel Applicator

Skill Requirement: Tinkering 10, Earth or Celestial Channeling but in prevus skill requirements needing either type of channeling was notated as just Channeling
do you do smithing?
sable/James

do you do smithing?
sable/James
Please keep this thread for discussion regarding the current draft of the rulebook.

Back