Amanda Wells (music)

Robb G

Baron
Starting a new thread for this since it's not related to her art per se...

My wonderful multi-talented wife extraordinaire recently released a new album which is now available all over the internet. She has been compared to artists like Ani Difranco and Anais Mitchell. If you like Folk, Acoustic Chick Music (TM), or just good singer/songwriter stuff, then this album is for you!

Don't believe me? here's a review from Amazon.com:

AMANDA WELLS is the very definition of what I love about music. In an age where electronic processing and auto-tune seem to reign supreme, it's an incredible feeling to put on a CD and be wowed by the simplicity of a girl and her guitar. Amanda is one of those unique artists that can strip music down to its bare essentials and still consume the entire soundscape in my head. Never once did I feel like any song was lacking because it didn't have percussion or a team of back-up singers. And in the moments where a cello or harmony vocal did surface, it was always in just the right place. Amanda manages to beautifully marry contemporary songwriting, precise guitar playing, and the incredible voice of an old soul. This album is a pure representation of the heart and soul of the singer/songwriter genre.

41787_75436356072_8132397_n.jpg

CDbaby
Digstation
iTunes
Amazon

myspace
facebook

Excellent review! Well done!

Robb Graves said:
Starting a new thread for this since it's not related to her art per se...

My wonderful multi-talented wife extraordinaire recently released a new album which is now available all over the internet. She has been compared to artists like Ani Difranco and Anais Mitchell. If you like Folk, Acoustic Chick Music (TM), or just good singer/songwriter stuff, then this album is for you!

Don't believe me? here's a review from Amazon.com:

AMANDA WELLS is the very definition of what I love about music. In an age where electronic processing and auto-tune seem to reign supreme, it's an incredible feeling to put on a CD and be wowed by the simplicity of a girl and her guitar. Amanda is one of those unique artists that can strip music down to its bare essentials and still consume the entire soundscape in my head. Never once did I feel like any song was lacking because it didn't have percussion or a team of back-up singers. And in the moments where a cello or harmony vocal did surface, it was always in just the right place. Amanda manages to beautifully marry contemporary songwriting, precise guitar playing, and the incredible voice of an old soul. This album is a pure representation of the heart and soul of the singer/songwriter genre.

41787_75436356072_8132397_n.jpg

CDbaby
Digstation
iTunes
Amazon

myspace
facebook

Wow, Congrats. Great Job Amanda. I wish you all the luck.

They actually have the CD here in the Amazon Warehouse where I work. Kinda cool! Go Amanda!

Back