An Open Hand….

Nuheran

At the behest of my fellow adventurers and advice from the honor'd peerage that I serve with, I present a letter to be carried by all those in service of Nordenn and distributed via word of mouth and traded parchment. Hopefully we can build new relationships and mature the behaviors of those whom are now walking by our sides whether they be defenseless or not.

An Open Hand….

Attention Adventurers and Citizens of Icenia

A momentous event has occurred that affects all citizens of this fine land. It is now common knowledge that Icenia has been subject to extremely difficult times and continues to struggle with events following the sinking of Thessi and encroaching spracta plant life. As such your peerage are working to efficiently provide and maintain a place of safety within Icenia for you and your neighbors from fellow baronies.

We as adventurers and citizens, each day wake up in service of a greater purpose, whether this be defined as related to the code or not, we love thy country to which though hath sworn fealty. Just as the common man wakes up with hope to live through the day, we as adventurers nurture and carry that idea throughout our every waking moment. I beg you as citizens to understand that this is not a selfish thought; Adventurers respect the weak and constitute themselves the defenders of them.

This is not some petty ploy to have you go down the path of chivalry. I firmly believe in the Code and believe that every citizen’s has the right to pursue their own path. They deserve to live free and safe from harm. Obviously this does not come without a cost. We must remember that our Kingdom is beset on all sides by monsters, undead, and people whom wish to destroy our way of life.

In this endeavor, every man and woman is needed. I will not conscript you into service, but I IMPLORE those who can assist to do so. All skills are needed and desired from the lowliest of craftsman to the strongest of wizards and warriors. If you wish to assist, I promise a place will be found for you. Please take it upon yourselves to give sharing, or feel free to broach the subject with noble representatives of Nordenn.

The people we surround ourselves with, either raise or lower our standards. They either help us to become the-best-version-of-ourselves or encourage us to become lesser versions of ourselves. We become like our friends. No man becomes great on his own. No woman becomes great on her own. The people around them help to make them great.

We all need people in our lives who raise our standards, remind us of our essential purpose, and challenge us to become the-best-version-of-ourselves.

We adventurers and Nobles alike would not have been able to achieve where are are today without you as citizens. Take a step forward on a path showing love for your country through teaching and learning. If it wasn’t for a selfless character willing to share their knowledge with us when we were defenseless we wouldn’t be able to pass that knowledge on today. Think of that person who gave selflessly and be that inspiration in someone else to bring out the best version of themselves. Through this sharing you empower yourself to both become great.

Please pass this on, unite with your fellow citizens and new brethren, help imbue them with skills as there will be much work to be done during your journey ahead.

Yours,

Lord Squire Nuheran of Nordenn

Minister of Academia, College of Crystals

Back