Announcement from the Great Guilds of Barran

Diamond_Kate

Artisan
Gettysburg Staff
Salutations and greetings.

It is with a heavy heart that I announce the decision of the combined Offices of Laws across the Great Guildhalls of Barran:

This marks the beginning of an Accounting of Contract and Policy for all Guild chapters established within the past ten years.

An Accounter will be assigned to each group of chapters.

We of the Office of Laws wish to extend our assistance and well wishes during the time of the Accounting. This is an action of building and solidifying the presence of newly formed chapters. Among other duties, an Accounter is formally charged with evaluating, rectifying where needed, and fortifying a chapter's current information and knowledge of guild business.

Each chapter is to provide their designated Accounter with...
..All contracts signed by members pertaining to the Guild Chapter
..Current policies of the Guild Chapter
..Current versions of utilized exams
..Any Guild related document requested by their Accounter
An Accounter may designate an individual as their Collector in extreme circumstances.

In reference to the Adventuring community gathering in Geistbadden, one such Collector will be present to receive all pertinent documents and deliver them safely to the designated Accounter. For these chapters' convenience, this Collector will also be able to answer guild organization related questions, provide correct information, and see to answering any other questions in a reasonable time frame. The Collector will also bring any formal requests or recommendations to the Accounter. We of the combined Office of Laws recognize that the Adventuring Chapters are a new venture in organization that is different from the old Houses. Requests and recommendations will be given due consideration. Adventuring Chapter Heads may expect the arrival of their designated Accounter for breakfast on the Day of Death during the gather.

An Accounting ends when the Accounter and appropriate Office of Laws is satisfied with the state of a guild chapter.

Historically, the longest recorded Accounting lasted two years. It is our fervent hope that this Accounting last the span of two months at most.

Nameless Sir,

If it is not rude of me to ask, what are the circumstances which would facilitate the necessity of the appointment of an accountant? You reference the unhappiness of having to do so but at no point qualify why.

Even the most novice of teachers understands that to tell a student they have failed without explaining the circumstances as to why or as to how they my have otherwise succeeded is to likewise fail the student.

Moreover, can we expect any changes in guild policy as a result of this accounting? I would gladly offer up, say, my own arm for a reduction in the ludicrous-if-not-wholly-deterrent amount of algebra one must perform between gathers.

Regardless, you shall find me transparent. I have in my possession every test taken as well as those yet untaken and can happily provide written documentation of our policies.

In service,
Vær'lux of Lordaq
Matriarch of Clan Vidua
Tradesman and Head of the Order of the Earth

Last edited:
Additionally, if our tests are more physical than administrative, would this Accountant like to participate in a demonstration?

I am happy to arrange a Hunt if this is the case.

Ah, it is nothing to be worried of as long as your intent in a guild is true and just. It is just to make sure all the stitches in the quilt are tight and even.

There is some dogs out there who are loose stitches and can cause the "guild quilt" to fall apart.

With this I believe it will make sure there isn't ruffians who join some guides to contribute nothing and just get straight profit for themselves. Which I'm sure if you think hard enough you can come up with a few...

It is heavily hearted, I believe, that this type
Of work is necessary for the Accountant to even have to do this. But people need to give credit where credit is due. There is many weeds in some of these guilds sucking the integrity and growth these guilds have as an opportunity to grow.

I could be wrong. If I am understanding incorrectly then Accountant, correct me. That is what I am gathering from this.

Zimps
Clothiers Guild

If the accountants are unable to find me in town I will find them on the outside of town as I tend to be in and out, though all the paper work should be at the circle for inspection.

Simon Neville
Tradesman of the Guild of Celestial and Arcane Mysteries

Missives pertaining to expected arrival time of an Accounter have been sent to their respective guild chapter groups.

Each individual Accounter will disseminate and discuss individual situations upon their arrival.

As there are a great number of newly formed chapters that fall within the past ten year span, it is asked of guild members to hold concerns, speculation, and queries until such time as may be verbally exchanged directly with either an Accounter or a Collector.

~Office of the Laws

I will be present, with some documents of my own.

Tvard Sendal, Sage's Guild

Back