ANY VEGANS/VEGETARIANS IN DEADLANDS?

okay are there any of you nonmeateating folks that will be coming to deadlands? the tavern keepers want to know how much meatless things we need to plan on.

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
okay are there any of you nonmeateating folks that will be coming to deadlands? the tavern keepers want to know how much meatless things we need to plan on.

Yes, but not sure which events I will be attending.

Kevin

well we're gonna do our best to keep with the story tellers on what types of foods are available and i'm certain there will be some non meat things but not vegan friendly things. except perhaps the bread and even then i'm not sure what type of oil or grease was used in making said bread.

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
well we're gonna do our best to keep with the story tellers on what types of foods are available and i'm certain there will be some non meat things but not vegan friendly things. except perhaps the bread and even then i'm not sure what type of oil or grease was used in making said bread.
not a prob for me, not a vegan

Let me tell you, cooking for a vegan is hard! My roomie has become a vegan and I never knew just how many food items have eggs, milk, butter, cheese or some semblance of those products in their ingredient list. I find it a royal pain the butt as I used to cook wonderful meals for her... including my apple and cherry pies (which don't work now, all because of butter!).

One day I will figure out how to make a tasty pie that is vegan approved... just got to figure out the pie crust... maybe vegetable fat like Crisco... margarine just won't cut it. Crisco is good for cookies... so it is worth a shot.

I find vegetarians much more easy to cook for... most of them eat cheese and butter. ;p

ah the joys of being a part of a food committee. I do not envy you the task you have Deadlands Chef! Good luck. If Brian and I travel up this season, we pretty much eat anything.

Thank you for your hard work and willingness to try to accomodate as many people's food preferences as possible. I know that you have a thanksless and demanding job--so thank you--it is greatly appreciated.

J

We will have a vegetarian option for all events. For any Vegans, as that is much harder to prepare for, at this point we can not guarantee anything, but I will bring it up at this weeks staff meeting and it will be discussed. If you are a Vegan and plan to attend any event, please contact me directly.

Thanks so much

~Jaimi

deadlandsgm@gmail.com

Not vegetarian-related but food-related so I figured I'd throw it out there.

Passover starts at sundown the Saturday of the event. Perhaps the tavern could carry a couple boxes of matzah or a bowl of charoset, just in case anyone's observant? I'm not overly so, but others may be.

And besides, unleavened crackers? Apples and nuts with cinnamon? Great in-period food!

There will be passover food available and maybe a song or two if you like. After all it has been around longer then the period we play in.

::nodnod::: yup we're all over Passover like white on rice!

Back