ARB 2.0 thoughts and feedback

Oh, and 4) the cost of dual schools.

I actually kinda agree, but I would propose a different fix. I want Earth and Celestial casters to be separate classes, rather than the same class that "makes a choice."

Along those lines, I'd also want a hybrid caster (and call it the Sage). I would take the spell slot cost of the hybrid classes, and just give it to both schools for the Sage.

I really like this idea regarding the 'sage' class. This would make dual school much more accessible. This would end up saving 15 build per collumn of each school (30/30 instead of 25/50). Depending on how the other skills (channeling, high magic, etc) were costed, it may not be enough of a difference from scholar to warrant the new class though, due to the back end (db programming, book modifications, etc) costs of adding it.

This is more for my reference but could help others illustrate the effect of the change, so I am including it.

200 build in spells for a single school scholar (building column) would give 8 columns.
200 for a sage, balancing schools would be 444/444/432 and 444/444/431.

Giving the scholar 2 more eighth level spells and 5 more 9th level spells for the same cost. The sage trades top end spells for versatility.

Yeah, actually, the cost difference is something I’m very familiar with from when I was testing Spellsword.

Basically, a pyramid to a single 9th would end up being a 14% tax compared to Scholar primary, and a column would be a 20% tax.

Right now, dual scholars basically have to pay a 50% tax when purchasing primary and secondary evenly, but that tax is entirely on their secondary school, so it discourages that kind of build.

Which is really too bad.

The only issue I have with the Sage concept is how I’d price Channeling. For ease of implementation, I’d probably keep it the same as Scholar, where one aspect is primary and purchased accordingly, and also the same for HM requisites.

I’ve really put a lot of thought into this concept, haha, we have at least a couple dual-casters in my area that would probably super enjoy it.

Yeah, actually, the cost difference is something I’m very familiar with from when I was testing Spellsword.

Basically, a pyramid to a single 9th would end up being a 14% tax compared to Scholar primary, and a column would be a 20% tax.

Right now, dual scholars basically have to pay a 50% tax when purchasing primary and secondary evenly, but that tax is entirely on their secondary school, so it discourages that kind of build.

Which is really too bad.

The only issue I have with the Sage concept is how I’d price Channeling. For ease of implementation, I’d probably keep it the same as Scholar, where one aspect is primary and purchased accordingly, and also the same for HM requisites.

I’ve really put a lot of thought into this concept, haha, we have at least a couple dual-casters in my area that would probably super enjoy it.

I would be another to the list of people who would enjoy it. :)

I'm totally playing this class in its current state (see signature), it just feels really taxing to be where I am and answering the question about how many 9ths I have.

I would be ok with channeling being priced the same as scholar, Not sure about high magic though. Maybe even them out at 3 each, instead of 2/4? IDK.

Back