Are Sarr Always Fighters?

I play a Sarr Earth Scholar. I do carry a claw, but due to OOG back problems I barely use it. She is not shy about combat and is excited by the violence and bloodshed, but for the sake of winning lets people who aren't injured (I always acknowledge OOG limitations IG) do all the stabbing. Other Sarr might secretly look down on her, but none have said it to her face. She's certainly fulfilling the racial expectation of enjoying being in the fray. Sure, she'd like to get more viscerally involved, and she's very happy to KB something that's been dropped and abandoned, but nothing in the Sarr national packet says there aren't any casters. It just says they're not considered equals, so why not play someone who is willing to live with that for reasons such as society does need healers/teachers/sages/whatever role doesn't have any major focus on combat, or because they've survived injury.
The Nine Towers Sarr packet specifically calls out the societal need for people who aren't hunters but instead keep houses standing, clothing intact, illnesses tended, and destinies predicted.

Thank you everyone for all your help. I am happy to hear that the concept isn't that far off the rails. I am quite excited to play a Sarr :)

Back