Armor and Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleSchmelz

Fighter
If someone has armor points remaining when they are killed by a killing blow or death spell, are those armor points depleted or do they remain?

To use an example from a couple days ago, I was hit with a sleep spell followed by a killing blow when I still had about 10 armor points remaining. I took a life spell fairly quickly but then hit for 2 normal immediately afterward. Should I have dropped to the ground dying (because I had 1 body and my armor was depleted upon death) or was I right in taking the damage to my armor and running away?

I looked in the rulebook and I didn't see any mention of armor in the "Matters of Life and Death" section or any mention of death in the Armor section, so I thought I'd ask here. Thanks!

I don't know of a reason that physical armor would be depleted by being in your death count. Much of the time people's armor is breached before they hit it, so it doesn't come up unless there are lots of packets going on, like your case.

Whether AA breaches at Death? Good question, I think that might be a good topic of discussion in Theory or Discussion. I feel like it should, but it's not mentioned on the scroll. I've always refit after being Deathed, out of the "replace all my lost protectives" habit.

Upvote 0
If you are given a Killing Blow or receive a Death effect your armor is unchanged, unless of course the Death effect is a Carrier attack on a weapon swing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back