Armor question

I am planning on making a couple of vest with washers in them for armor I was just wondering if it has to be quilted. I plan to use string to tie them together and fabric to help attach them at the seams.

No, it doesn't have to be quilted. Quilting your vest before adding the washers will not add anymore points. Might look cooler though. Although there are 4 points that the marshal can award for "In Period" costuming, that is something that can be awarded just to your costume alone.

No, but the quilted look you see tends to result from the easiest construction method... create long pockets, drop in washers, sew across, repeat until done.

markusdark said:
No, it doesn't have to be quilted. Quilting your vest before adding the washers will not add anymore points. Might look cooler though. Although there are 4 points that the marshal can award for "In Period" costuming, that is something that can be awarded just to your costume alone.

I think quilting would contribute more towards "Mastercrafted" than "In Period". And I assume you meant "Mastercrafted" since "In Period" is only worth 2 points

Quilt them in. It keeps the washers flat to the fabric so you aren't likely to land in an edge, and makes 'shedding' less likely. Real armor holds up T9 active play better than minimum costume armor, naturally. :)

Back