Armored Mettle and Armor Patches

Lurin

Duke
I want to make sure that I am understanding Armored Mettle correctly. It looks like if an Armor patch is applied you can use Armored Mettle until you are into the actual armor points as armor patches are 'Bonus' armor points that work to absorb damage first. I've included an example.

Durl the ill-fated Warrior is charging headlong into a situation he really shouldn't, he is wearing a 30 point suit of physical armor, has 10x Mettle, Indomitable will, and is using smithing to apply armor patches at +10 per use as well as armored mettle.

Just before he strides into battle he stops to apply an armor patch giving him 30 bonus armor on top of his 30 physical armor (20+10 for 5x Armor Master). As he strides in he is hit by 2x Spell Drain and calls Mettle twice to bring 5 minutes to 0, negating the spells and spending 5 body per mettle to do so. (20 down to 10 from indomitable will, down to 5 from armor mastery) He then fights a super-murder-goblin and takes 16 points of damage, before taking another 3 spells, this time a light spell (to break any spell shields) followed by two webs, he takes the light (which fizzles due to no prepped rep), and calls 2 more mettles spending 5 body per as he is still in his bonus armor. After another fight he takes an additional 16 points of damage, showing his consistency, and is now 2 into his actual armor after losing all his bonus armor and takes a spell drain followed by a Spell web, he again calls Mettle twice more, but this time pays an increased 10 points per as his armored mettle no longer applies.

Is my understanding correct?

Back