Armour Trap

Rossic

Our Nero group was sitting and talking about traps. I don't remeber who but someone suggested the concept of an Armour trap. A mod of a weapon trap, it would still do damage but would add armour to its pray, it may seem a little counter productive, but I think that it is quite creative for a group running on Mt. Dew and little sleep. I just have to ask now could a weapon trap be made in this fashion with armour instead of weapons. I don't plan to make any now but you never know. It might make for some good plot, it would also be an intresting way to die. "I have 30Pt of armour, but I'm at -1 body." Any how the Question is written. Now to listen.

Rossic :)

Why did I just imagine someone setting off this trap and screaming "Jane, stop this crazy thing!!!"
I would recommend less Dew, more sleep.

Jeff
oy

Rossic said:
Our Nero group was sitting and talking about traps. I don't remeber who but someone suggested the concept of an Armour trap. A mod of a weapon trap, it would still do damage but would add armour to its pray, it may seem a little counter productive, but I think that it is quite creative for a group running on Mt. Dew and little sleep. I just have to ask now could a weapon trap be made in this fashion with armour instead of weapons. I don't plan to make any now but you never know. It might make for some good plot, it would also be an intresting way to die. "I have 30Pt of armour, but I'm at -1 body." Any how the Question is written. Now to listen.

Rossic :)
well, if you want to seariously try this, I would suggest a massive trap, with an armor tag (and physrep) attatched to it, with paste of stickyness on the front of the armor where it would contact the charicter. Then the victum of the trap would need to hold the armor against themselves. I am not sure how much value this would add, since they wouldnt be wearing it, so at best guess, you would add up the value of the sticky armor (front only as it will only hit one side) and make sure the tag is higher than the physrep, as whatever back armor the victum has will have to be taken into account. Kinda like this..
Someone with all leather is hit by the trap, and the trap is a long chain shirt (knees and upper arms covered as well) Presumeing the whole area hit with chain is already covered with leather, the areas the chain his would now have the higher of the 2 armor values (no stacking) a max of 4 points (I think, not taking into account costume and craftman) Of course the new tag has to be higher than 4, and doesnt matter if its less than the charicters normal armor.

Now with that all said, dont do it:).. Most likely a marshal will have the damage from the trap hit the sticky armor first (as thats whats between you and it) and so the new armor value is.. breached:)..

(note this is just my idle thoughts on the matter, there may be some holes, or a much better way:) )

when I saw this title, I said, aloud "he didnt...he wouldnt..."
When I read it, I said, aloud, "He did..."
I wish my cat was there to hear me, but the tablet is plenty good company

anyway

you left out an important detail..the armour was spiked, not just plain old stuck...though we kinnna left out the lethal chafing aftermath part. I just liked the:

PC2: *trips armour trap, gets painfully suited up, falls*
PC1: PC2 is down! *feeds potion*
PC2: *gets up* thanks...oh dear bunnies no..the faceplate! *clang..splat*

that was way too funny than it had any right to be, even at 3-4am...or was it earlier? I remember you crashing a lot earlier than most of the rest of us. you missed the stories with random topics...yeah, not much...

whats that? sleep? less dew? NEVER!

This was my Idea

Wow and this was my Idea. What Have i done!:eek:

More Dew..... much more Dew.

hmmm

Not realy sure what to say about this. I' played a trap rouge for 3 years, and your idea seems comical, but put in another way can be very deadly. For example... if you made you trap rep to look like a suit of armor. You could make a massive micanical trap/ lock. (seen those befor, there fun to get past, and auto reseate untill you figure them out).

Though comical, I would assume that in the sprite of the game, that the armor would destroy it self trying to force its way onto onto its victim. Though it would be very funny to watch a non-fighter type get up after getting hit with this thing, and hurry up and take off the armor so that they could do anything. Assuming that the suit you put on them was a 30 suit.

Well that's my 2cents worth,

Hope to meet you all soon,

Jeff

Back