Arrival

MaxIrons

Knight
Marshal
The mists have been kind. I, Maxvell d'Irons, and my companion, Deron... Daton... *takes deep breath and focuses* Demona Strathanona, have arrived in this new world. While from what I can tell we are still a few days travel from the nearest settlement, we should arrive shortly. Upon our arrival we will need lodgings amongst those who call this land home. I seek the opportunity to test my blade, and confront those who would deprive others of their liberty. I am assured by Dee that she would have a place amongst her gypsy family, but until such time as I have proven my worth unto her, do not feel I have earned such a privilege. Indeed, even should I prove my worth to Dee within these couple of days, I would still have to prove my worth to the rest of her extended clan. With that as the case, whom amongst you have place for an ogre of Calandonia that is in search of an adoptive clan? I can offer my services in combat of course, but also my abilities to account for monies and equipment in an efficient manner as well as my apprentice level abilities with forge and flame.

A woman short of stature but dressed in vibrant reds, purples and black stands beside him. A scar across one cheek is very pronounced on her face, but not as pronounced as her flaming hair and intense gaze. She holds his hand tightly in her own, almost protectively. If her eclectic clothing doesn't give her away, her voice with it's thick accent singles her out as a gypsy.

She rolls her eyes a little when her companion mispronounces her name, but otherwise nods as he speaks. At the mention of proving himself to her, she seems to sigh, but gives no indication otherwise how she feels about those words. Once he finishes she adds, " I do miss being among my own kind, but I would be...honored if my gypsy brethren would welcome us both to camp with them."

With that, she goes silent, and just stands with him, hand in hand.

Well met, my sister. I am Prashka-Myevka. I have been absent from these lands for a time, but I am fairly sure we have room for both of you in our camp. Seek me out when you get to town, and I'll be happy to help you find your place amongst us. I'll send you a private note with more details.

*He tenses at the mention of honored and seems to grimace at the mention of both being welcomed. He looks as if to open his mouth when the other gypsy speaks. He closes his eyes and his tusks move back and forth as he grinds his lower jaw slightly.* Good gypsy, you honor me with your offer of lodging. I cannot help but notice the double meaning of your words. I know my place amongst your race, for I have been unable to win the heart of one. Till I prove myself to her, I do not feel worthy of receiving lodging I have not earned. To that end, are there any among you who could use my talents with blade, book and blacksmithing?

A double meaning was unintended. I meant only to welcome you, to Landfall as well as the Family, but if you would find lodging away from the Family, that is fine. I would recommend you ask after the Legion of the Sun, under the authority of Alcandar, or the Company of the Broken Chain, who follow Commander Black. They often have spare bunks available for adventurers. Alternately, Roan may be a good person to seek out. She is a skilled warrior and greatly respected in these lands, and she may have either room for you or know where you could find space. Good luck in your search, and I look forward to meeting you.

Greetings travelers,
If there is no room in the gypsy encampment and we have room, the Legion of the Sun shall open it's doors to you. Mr. d'Irons, if you do not feel comfortable in the gypsy camp you may stay with us, although the romani of this land have always been kind, excepting, and let's say colorful. I am sure they will make you feel welcome.
Regardless, you should come by the barracks of the Legion of the Sun, I am sure our dwarven mastersmith and you will have much to talk about.
-Councilman Alcandar Northwind, High Magus of the Legion of the Sun

I would also be remiss in not offering what few bunks we have within the Company house. The Company, and myself, are always eager to meet new people and to learn of other cultures. I can guarantee interesting conversation for certain. Still, any of the offers you have received are each as good. I doubt you will lack a place to rest, and new friends to meet.

The Black, Commander of the Company of the Broken Chain

Oi!

Famileh sheld stay wit famileh. Dats ma opinian.

High Ogah, ya will haf time an' foes enough ta prove ya-self no doght. Jus' know dat if ya stay wit us Romani I expect ta hear a good story in retarn. An' mehbe some booze.

- Vishkin Vujo'Yagg Moretti

*Stops and sits on a rock, pondering his words carefully before speaking.*

Pooshk, I may have been around certain gypsies who tend to... lace their words with many meanings.

*His eye twitches almost imperceptibly to his companion.*

I have three offers before me. Gypsy, Legion of the Sun, and Company of the Broken Chain.

*pulls out a book and small quill. Licking the nub he looks up at those in attendance.*

So tell me why you think I should bunk with each of you this day hence?

Demona growls and elbows her companion, "You insufferable noble! No one OWES you anything!" She clears her throat and looks at the gypsies, "I apologize for him. He's a bit...stuffy at times. He grew up differently than I."

Giving Max another glare she says to him flatly, "Sleep where you want."

Eyyyy Good to meet you sister! I am Vavarick Chik Abeseloma but most everyone just calls me Varick for short. I am the fool who volunteered and was elected to ze position of Bandoleer of zis merry band! We call ourselves "Ze Band of Ze Fabulous pants" though when you pronounce "Fabulous" make sure to throw in about five extra of ze "a"s in there! It will be a great pleasure to welcome you for your stay!

Mister Maxvell! I hope you do not judge all Gypsy's by the interactions with those you have met in ze past. You will fins us a very friendly sort and we have had many a non Gypsy adventurer stay with us and have welcomed zem all. In all zose times I have heard no complaints except perhaps about my occasional snoring! If you wish to stay with us we would be happy to accommodate but ze choice is yours my friend.

Vavarick.

With a raised eyebrow and a slight smile, "Friend I think you should bunk where you will be most comfortable, I cannot say that staying with the Company is any more beneficial than with the Legion or with your companion's family. If you must find a way to choose... choose with your heart. Nothing less, and nothing more."

*Grunts softly at the elbow to his side.*

I did not say, nor imply that any owes us a thing.

*gives a somewhat long suffering sigh then looks pointedly at Dee*

You would not let me sleep where I truly wish to bed. Should I be close by, close enough to touch yet never allowed?

*his nose twitches and then his voice is softer.*

I simply wish to find the place that will benefit our undertaking the most. As my father taught me, take an accounting of all that is offered, then choose that which furthers your goal. Good gypsy Vivik, would you and your clan be willing to discuss such business once we arrive? It is somewhat complicated, and I know not if your family is of a military bent.

She bows to Vavarick, and says in her own thick accent, "Pleasure to meet you brother. I am Demona Lissa Strathanona, Daughter of Domonic Strathanona. My family before was...lost to slavers." Her cheek with the scar twitches. "I would be honored to sleep among others of my kind, but I do have a life boon that I owe to the man Maxvell and I both work for."

She gives her own suffering sigh in the direction of Maxvell."One could take your comment as such Maxvell." And as he continues her face flushes at the mention of "where he'd really like to sleep." She clears her throat and tries to ignore his comment.

Turning to the others assembled she says, "Maxvell is right. Our...situation is complicated. -I- would prefer we stayed together since we have traveled a long time together. Of course, I would love to be with family. but as I said, I have a debt to repay to the one who sent us through the mists. He did save my life." Looks over at Maxvell. "If you wish to separate, then I will go with my family and you...where you wish. You are not beholden to me."

"Any place is just as good. Certain ideals are held up by each group but I wouldn't dare say one is better than the other," Alcandar says, warmly. "I would happily meet with you when you arrive if you wish to know more about the Legion or anything about our community. As has been stated, you should bunk where is most comfortable for all involved. You will learn Landfall is a fairly open community as long as you are good to others, uphold the laws, and do not practice necromancy. Do you have any general questions about our community, before you arrive?"
-Alcandar

Mister Maxvell I would be happy to meet with you! I am the tall Gypsy with the pointy wizard hat.

Back