(Arrow, Alchemy, Spell) Packet Construction

Yardpuppy

Does anyone here use a template to make their packets?

I do not have a 35mm film case available to test the size of the packets I am making. Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you.

I just use a light tablespoon of filler in my packets when I make them. That tends to be the right amount. Also, not binding the packets as close to the filler as possible. Leaving a little space gives the packets a little give when they land, which generally makes them just that much safer.

No, more like 6 or 7" square for gather packets. Having some tail is sooo useful for holding multiple packets in your hand.

Also, make sure there's no corn or sunflower seeds in your packet mix. It's a pain to sift them out if you buy the cheaper bags, but they'll get your packets rejected.

I'm unfamiliar with those... Millet tends to be the premium packet filling, which also tends to make up the bulk of seed mixes. Are they pokey? Are they big or small?

image.jpg They’re fairly small. Definitely a lot smaller than sunflower or corn seeds.

I put the sunflower seeds in for reference. The seed bag I have is entirely of the smaller, darker seeds in the photo.

Those are *probably* fine. You might want to make one or two packets and abuse them and see if they end up shredding the fabric though.

5 1/2 inches by 5 1/2 inches. 1 Tablespoon of birdseed. No sunflower seeds in the birdseed or other pointy seeds. A non stretchy fabric works best. I also use rainbow loom bands instead of rubber bands because they're smaller so they save time when making packets.
Does anyone here use a template to make their packets?

I do not have a 35mm film case available to test the size of the packets I am making. Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This is the bird seed I buy from Walmart's I like it because it makes my bags smell like orange instead of bird seed and it's under $1/ 1 lb
abb3142c2ef156d2c865d5ec5952f9b0.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I actually prefer a slightly stretchy fabric. Old T-shirts are my favorite. I do 6 inch squares, small hair rubber bands and about a heaping tablespoon of seed. Play around a bit, see what feels good to you!

Back