Assault Started - The Giant's Walk - Success!

Lurin

Duke
Started by - A Bunch of folks!

Status - Completed, Successful
- Barbarians of Giant's Walk
- Ophedians - 4 Tribes of Flame, Lightning, Ice and Stone
- Merrow (supporting the Kendra's fury)
- Kendra's Fury w/ Cannon support & Captain Gregory Renaldo Binks III
- 2 Cyclopian Cannon bearers

Late arrivals (so far)
The Horizon Town Guard
The Kobolds of Harbor's Far

Last edited:
The battle has been enbegun!

Or at least dats what's that Canoe captain Bonks said to say when I started this day. We came up da river on that giant of a canoe, and it didn't take long for a good fight to start. Them cannons made quite a big noise, although it almost spun the canoe around if it wasn't for all those fish folks. Nearly blew off the side of the cliff, the answering boom finished the job and a big chunk of the cliff started sliding into the river, then they came a pouring out of the top of the hill like a wave that came on a crashing down into them snake folks, the rest of the tribesmen and it look like we probably didn't bring enough guys.

Then them horizon folks showed up, followed by a buncha of red pups, all yelling about Asher Horizons or some such, but they evened up the numbers okay on the front lines. Fighting still going on, with the lines going back and forth and them two giant Cyclopians fighting off their boomsticks every so often. Sounds like we've got some plans for later if we can cut through this first coupla waves.

-Armager
-Tribesmen Warrior.

Let the corrupt burn for coming to our home! Show them the strength of the tribes!

-Stone Seeker Ragnarok

Zhe day is just starting and zhe night vill end with Corrupt littered on zhe ground. To zhe Tribesmen, Kobolds, Horizon Guard, Ophidians, Merrow and Cyclopians, let zhis battle echo across The Sheltered Lands as a symbol of our unity and strength! We will not fall, we will not give in and tomorrow, when we shatter that node it'll echo throughout zhe region!

We are one of zhey 8 hopes those assaulting the Architect's castle have. Our victory impacts the victories of everyone else. Let's hit zhem hard, and send zhese Corrupt bastards crying home to mommy! For Zhe Sheltered Lands!

- Captain Gregory Renaldo Bonks III

.....or Binks for short.

Keep it up Binks!
Pound those Corrupt into the rocks they have chosen to hide under!
Mind the guns and drill into that cave to your prize!

Strength and Honor!

Walk with Honor,
~Sir Victor von Gryphon
Knight of the Stayed Blade

Ah ha! Hello Binks, I am looking somewhere for youuuu!
I am on za vay and I brought a surprizea for zat dirty node!

Jasper the Fabulous

It's been a couple of days, I thought someone should report although none of us really have the time to really catch any sleep.

The fighting has been intense, we've lost about half the cannons, as an aside, turns out if you use giant magic cannons on things reflect magic spells become a big problem. Captain Binks has order their use to stop, and the cyclops have run out of things at hand to easily fling, so they are in reserves again. The lines are still holding strong, I'll say this for the militia from Horizon, I don't think I've seen any group that believes in the cause more. The kobolds have been surprisingly useful, although they've been taking heavy losses, the healers among their rank are impressively brave and have saved a lot of lives. To the point that I could have sworn I heard McGregor say a kind word about them, although I'd bet he'd deny it.

The snake folk left the field, not running away but they've all headed in to the Giants Walk that looms near-by to do something, I think things will come to a head tomorrow, the Corrupt are nearly as thick as when we started and unless something breaks our way I don't see us getting inside of that cave unless something changes soon.

-Jason Tomar, Ranger of the Hopes Reach wilds.

Well that was an adventure I'll never forget,

Those Ophidians where definitely cooking up something, early in the morning a great beast erupted from the Giants walk, with the body of a Lion, a long snake head tail that flung bolts of lightning, a blue serpents head that spat ice and what appeared to be a beast head with two long horns that breathed fire. Breaking out of the base of the giant's walk, the plateau began to topple towards the Kendra's Fury, which I was oh so lucky to be aboard of at the time. Captain Binks is a madman at heart and proved it when he ordered the Fury to move at full speed towards the Walk, them fish folk did a good job, pushing us along until the last minute and shoving us forward with a final push to avoid the collapsing before scattering back into the river.

Looking back after we got past the mouth of the river, the what a great splash as the massive pillar of stone and dirt crashed into the river, the sides of the mouth collapsing inward from the impact. The every flowing great river, crashed against it pushing the boat around the south side of where the walk had been, not that I had time to think about it as that great beast I mentioned roar to life out of the center of it, tall as the king's castle, it laid down huge swathes of flame, ice, and lightning that raked the corrupt lines, I don't have to tell you I was a fan of this development, until those blasted cannons erupted.

Apparently the captain thought now was a good time to press the attack as the cannons blasted the side of the land open even as the great river, now diverted surrounded the corrupt on both sides in two strong torrents of water that turned out to be just under the length of our ship as we found out later, the Elemental cannons did their work, nearly blowing the entire side of the cliff off creating a giant hole filled with the enemy that had been pressing towards heading out to attack. I wish I had a better view to describe but at the point the Fury lost all control, spinning dangerously from the cannon fire and lacking the Merrow to stabilize it. I held on for dear life until the ship came to a stop with a crash, if I hadn't been lashed to the side I might have fallen off. But when I came to I was looking directly into the newly opened gap. The giant Chimera outside was trading blows with what seemed like the entire horde outside, but what remain of the roof of the cavern sheltered the corrupt within.

I'll be honest I paused like everyone else at the enormity of the force within the cavern, less than outside, but not by much. At least until a little red furred figure pushed passed me, then another, and another as a stream of them kobolds took advantage of the make shift bridge the fury was making, even as the new river was pounding it's sides. We knew going in this was going to be an all or nothing charge, with the ship crumbling beneath us and more corrupt outside the cavern than in, we took the plunge, Fighters from Horizon, kobolds, the tribesmen (who where doing their best to outrun us all) crashed into the lines. McGregor and us Militia did our best to help hold the flank as the line pushed forward aggressively if for no other reason than to get everyone across the boat in time. Three hours later, or so, I'm not great at keeping time mid battle for my life, it was over, the node was shattered and the great beast outside had long gone silent and we headed to the gap to look outside again only to see the corrupt holding the shore we came from.

Now we were all pretty much content to resurrect, you know king and country and all that, until a Blonde overly jovial mystic called out from across the new river. I'll recall his words so someone can put them in some history book someday 'Allo in there? Fine job and all that, but these lovely fellows from Wayside would like to know if you'd like to leave?' Turns out while we were doing our work some friends from somewhere else showed up to help, and while they couldn't be there for the main event they were a site for sore eyes to those of us left from the battle. It looks like they held their own okay but against the corrupt that we left, although there was the odd pile of clothing and gear from a number of resurrections. I guess some folks from a Lord Wyldweaver came to help, seemed like great folks to me, although the tribesmen didn't like all their celestial magic and scrolls.

It'll probably take a while to get back home, and there is no sign of any Ophidians other than the occasional permanently dead body that washes up on shore. The tribesmen, Kobolds and Horizon folks all took a beating, but I think most of them will resurrect.

That's really all I have to say

-Jason Tomar, Ranger of the Hopes Reach wilds.

Back