August research

Zihr

Artisan
Friends . . .

It feels like the next Market Day is so far away as we just concluded our last gathering, but it is a mere three weeks away.

One thing that should be done is track down Eberrus (sp?) He has taken Duke Waheed from us, and he has now taken Sir Daniels from us. To paraphrase Baeleon ... That guys gotta go! Eberrus is dangerous when confronted, so please do NOT confront him - but we must track him down. He has resurrected somewhere, perhaps one of our more stealthy comrades can do some checking? Is there any way for the earth mages of the Magician's Guild to know which circle he rez'ed at?

I believe Duke Van Daalen was leaning towards supporting the Coalition now that the Earl is out of the picture, do we know where Duchess Lazzari of the Western Territories loyalties lie?

The mysterious stones recovered from under the sea for the Seeker's Guild, have we had any word on what those are?

With Duke Van Daalen's permission, I will be investigating the werewolf pack outside the forward base we used. If Cass or Glav want to keep tabs on *ME* as they believe I carry the taint of lycanthropy, they are more than welcome to. I don't hide particularly well.

I'm certain there are more things to be done, please let us all know if any of you think of anything!

Zihr of House Husky
Squire to Baron Marciano Gibbs of the Eastern Territories

I know I would love to help deal with Eberrus when the time comes. As for what I will be doing in between market days is I will be trying to gather materials and labor to put up a statue of Sir Daniels. I would love help from anyone who feels so moved. This man was a great Knight and gave the ultimate sacrifice in order to try and help end the war sooner and with less casualties from either side.

Squire Bruisey Foemangler

Zihr,

I will be heading to Erabella in a few weeks and would be happy to assist with anything my talents would have use for.

Asher

Zhir,

We have witnessed Erebis travel between circles of power in a similar manner to the disjunction network of old Gaden. That combined with his apparent allegiance to the Royalists, may make tracking him down a matter of futility. However we should still try to find out what he's up to and whatever we can about his past. We know that he was the earth caster to the royal Penoyer family and that he had a history with Sir Daniels so public records or libraries may be a good place to start looking.

Beyond simply researching, I do have an idea to talk directly to him but I wouldn't say it will be safe.

Asher,

I'm not certain that we've met in person but I may have a job for you.

Zen Mallowbrooks

Zen,

Eberrus travels via an ability known as "Mystic Stepping", a form of short-distance rifting developed by the Magic Guild that several of its higher-ups utilize. It doesn't require him to be within a circle, as Cass and I witnessed him using a Mystic Step to evade us and travel to the circle for safety when we were attacking him in the open. Think of it kind of like a Spirit Recall, except your gear travels with you. That said, tracking movement in such a manner might be something the Guild may know how to do, but it is also more likely that the more freeform nature of Mystic Stepping makes it harder to pinpoint.

I know Eberrus himself was a Magician in the Magic Guild before the Royalists fell from power, and while he had been offered the title of Master within the guild several times throughout his successful career, he refused it each time. He was always far more interested in his work for the Queen than gaining status or authority within the guild. Suffice it to say, he was close with the Pennoyers, and he is a pillar of the Royalists' movement.

~ Gandian

I would be happily willing to spend my time seeking and tracking down Eberrus. I believe my stealth would be useful in this indevor and my connections to the magic guilds May allow me to combine effforts of both the mage guild and the military to see too Eberrus being found.
-Lieutenant Roff Alloute Rallentine Starshine

I do t really know how the magics work so well but is it possible Eberrus has a bottle somewhere and that is why he couldn’t be killing blowed. Or would he not have rezed if he had a spirit bottle. Then also if he does have a bottled spirit what would happen if I banished his spirit bottle to another plain.
Squire Bruisey Foemangler

Recent changes in the flow of magic have destroyed all Controlled Spirit Store rituals. The only way to aquire a bottle now is to become a greater undead.

-Beryl

Being an Earth Mage this likely revival you experienced sounds like a Rebirth. I know it well as I have triggered it many times.

I look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks.

-Asher

Back