Axes of Evil 24: Prophecies

"The Axes of Evil" will be published by Double Dragon in early 2010 and will be available as a paperback, an e-book, or through Amazon's kindle. Because of contractual obligations, I have had to remove the early draft from this Bulletin Board. Thanks for the comments everyone!

Well, I finally found a link to get to the forums without the work computers realizing. They block forums/games/entertaiment, yet I outsmarted 'em. I really liked being able to read this even though I haven't yet read Arch Enemies, I know enough of the IG backstory enough to have kept up some. I'll work on getting a copy to read in my downtime here. Yes, there's a good bit of it even in Iraq :p I liked the salt cave "treasure" and how the Vansir became citizens. Dara removing the taint and most probably being the puppet master, knowing Aramis would die at some point (she wouldn't even have to know when since she and Frost have quite a long life-span) was a nice touch in my opinion. At first I thought maybe I'd missed a chapter between the last one and this one with how the Cave chapter ended but I realized I didn't within a few sentances and like the way this flows. Hope that's been some help. I don't know if you've edited previous chapters more than what is on the boards but I found a few instances of sword instead of axe in the previous chapters.

Gwendara said:
Well, I finally found a link to get to the forums without the work computers realizing. They block forums/games/entertaiment, yet I outsmarted 'em. I really liked being able to read this even though I haven't yet read Arch Enemies, I know enough of the IG backstory enough to have kept up some. I'll work on getting a copy to read in my downtime here. Yes, there's a good bit of it even in Iraq :p I liked the salt cave "treasure" and how the Vansir became citizens. Dara removing the taint and most probably being the puppet master, knowing Aramis would die at some point (she wouldn't even have to know when since she and Frost have quite a long life-span) was a nice touch in my opinion. At first I thought maybe I'd missed a chapter between the last one and this one with how the Cave chapter ended but I realized I didn't within a few sentances and like the way this flows. Hope that's been some help. I don't know if you've edited previous chapters more than what is on the boards but I found a few instances of sword instead of axe in the previous chapters.

Thanks!

Yes, the book has changed a lot since I posted the first drafts here.

I just signed the contract with the publisher and now it has to go through the editing process and should be printed in early 2010 (and that's quick for the publishing industry).

That also means I need to take these off this web page for copyright reasons...

I admit, a few of the views were mine :) Trying to read on my phone while sitting in traffic maybe isn't the best idea.

I like the story. As an eternal NPC who makes herself PC to maintain balance, I really enjoy seeing the point of view of one who exists in the world that Alliance creates.

Back