Axes of Evil 9: Rescue

"The Axes of Evil" will be published by Double Dragon in early 2010 and will be available as a paperback, an e-book, or through Amazon's kindle. Because of contractual obligations, I have had to remove the early draft from this Bulletin Board. Thanks for the comments everyone!

And so the Stonebearer, supposed saviour of the goblins, has lead them to capture at the hands of the barbarians. Very nice.
I think Ren and Dar already having the situation under control when Terin arrives rings of "let's just speed through this bit to get on to another obstacle." I like the comedy part of it, and I understand the need to have it go reasonably quickly. What if Terin interupts an escape attempt, wherein one of the squires is fighting with (and loosing terribly to) a barbarian. That way they're distracted when Terin comes in and lights them up with a spell or knocks them over the head with something.
I like the goblin plot line that is going on. More goblins, please! :D

Ren Suzume said:
I think Ren and Dar already having the situation under control when Terin arrives rings of "let's just speed through this bit to get on to another obstacle." I like the comedy part of it, and I understand the need to have it go reasonably quickly. What if Terin interupts an escape attempt, wherein one of the squires is fighting with (and loosing terribly to) a barbarian. That way they're distracted when Terin comes in and lights them up with a spell or knocks them over the head with something.

Well, seriously, it wasn't meant as a "speed up the action" device. I seriously thought about it and decided that Ren and Dar would have used the distraction of the fire to attack their guards; I mean, they are more experienced than Terin, after all. I kind of like the surprise of it, as well, and the "what, do you think you're the only hero here?" aspect.

Anyone else have an opinion on that? Is it unsatisfying?

I kinda liked it actually. :)

Ezri said:
almost a month.... what happens next?? :)

I know, it's been terrible. I had a whole bunch of trials, and then we had an event, and then I went to Virginia, and I just had another kidney stone operation on Thursday and spent the weekend drugged up, rewatching the entire 12 hour plus LOTR trilogy (the extended version of course!).

I wish I could be independently wealthy and just write and work on Alliance stuff! :D

Oh I know you've been busy Mike, but you've also said that readers waiting for the next chapter motivates you so...

motivate motivate motivate.

there.

:lol:

Ezri said:
Oh I know you've been busy Mike, but you've also said that readers waiting for the next chapter motivates you so...

motivate motivate motivate.

there.

:lol:

Thank you, I definitely appreciate it. In fact, while spending a lot of time lying in bed recently unable to get to sleep, I worked out some more details of the upcoming chapters. If only I could wave a wand and have what is in my head suddenly appear on paper!

The magic of speak to type. Its a headset and a program that writes what you speak.

Apparently very good for doing thesis notes.

-Ali

Back