Baron Vanmil's Room in Calanhelm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dar'nath

Summoning a messenger James places a message in his hands and informs him to be on his way with all due speed.

(the message is for Laurent)

when the messenger is gone James returns to his meal and ponders the layout of events.

Early one morning James summons his personal and trusted messenger to him for a secret mission.

When the Messenger arrives James hands him 1 message. "you know this is for?" James asks.
"Yes James I do." replies the messenger
"Be careful and cautious and may all the speed we need be with you today."

"I will James" says the messenger as he turns and leaves the room in the silence of the shadows.

((Sorry for things, just noticed something haha.))

Dressed in his proper but subtle gear, Garnett moves along, paper in hand of the directions before finding the residence of the Baron. Finding it and burning the directions into a pile of ash to cool and place in his pocket to scuff around later. If there is a gate before his house or a guard, he would introduce himself as the messenger for Laurent, the latter spoke at a lower conversational tone to avoid too many ears.

James opens the door to his small estate and beckons the messenger in. Closeing the door quietly behind him.

"I have been wondering if Laurent. was getting any of my messages. I have not heard from him in some time and was begining to worry. Tell me do you have any news for me?"

((Was finished up off-screen.))

Late in the evening James goes over his letters and finishes up the last few.

Summoning his trusted Messenger he hand him one letter.

"I need this delivered to the Archmage's tower as soon as it is open."

The messenger takes the letter places it in his Satchel, bows and departs to the tower.

Late in the day...

James receives a letter from a trusted friend. He opens the wax seal and unfolds the letter, he begins to read it stopping to look up he sees Richard standing in the doorway.
After he finishes the letter he folds it back up and turns to Richard.

I need to leave Richard and return home. I leave the estate care in your hands please make sure that all my business is handled here before the end of the month.
James stands looks at all the notes and letters at his desk collecting the few that he needs he leaves the rest on the desk in the piles they are in.
Walking past Richard, Richard bows and asks "when will you be back sir?" "I don't know Richard I really don't know. It could be a few months it could be a year."
James walks up stairs and grabs his travel bag and some change of clothes. Then without a second glance prepares to leave the place he calls home and return to his place of birth.
He turns looks at Richard again, "you have been a good friend and a trusted servant I hope that I am not leaving you in too much of a bind. If there are any problems please refer to the 3rd drawer in my desk to contact me."

With that he draws his cloak closed and leaves the estate grounds.

Late in the Evening...

The lights inside the Vanmil Estate flicker back to life it has been more then half a year since the Lord of this Manor was home...
Entering back into the home with a sense of purpose James drops all of his bags save for one at the base of the stairs and heads to his study to research the books in the one bag he still holds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back