Batches in Casting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnar

Squire
A player has a Restricted CSS, and Permanence on their spirit.

They obtain a LCO Arcane Armor Scroll with proper components. They wish to put this also on their spirit.

Does this now make everything on their spirit LCO? Or is it considered a separate batch that is only good for a year (thus leaving their CSS and Permanence Restricted?)

Thanks,
-Ali

What I have seen in this circumstance is the player gets two tags for the same REP# (of their Spirit): one restricted and one LCO.

It is a similar concept to having one item with rituals from two chapters (assuming a Boost Duration isn't involved).

Upvote 0
The two castings are two separate batches. The restricted rituals remain restricted. The new LCO rituals are LCO and subject to all that entails.

Upvote 0
I would suggest talking to your local chapter, or chapters you are traveling to, as this would fall under individual chapter policy as far as I know.

Upvote 0
Hey Adam,
After investigating further, this is a pretty standard ruling. Is there a chapter specifically that you're thinking of where this is not the case?

-Ali

Upvote 0
Some Chapters have an LCO ritual policy that says something to the effect of:

"Casting an LCO ritual on a Restricted Item makes the item LCO."

Seattle's old policy used to be interpreted that way, but Seattle's new policy only refers to the ritual results and not the item. I believe Adam is just covering the bases to make sure the chapter whose LCO Arcane Armor is being cast ultimately has the final say about the result of casting an LCO ritual.

Upvote 0
Hey Ali,

Basically what Seth said. :)

Even though it may be a standard thing, as far as I am aware chapters aren't obligated to follow that route which I thought important to mention.

-Adam

Upvote 0
Cool, good to know. I would think you could ask before beginning your ritual as well on what policies that specific chapter has toward those items so you are informed before creating the item.

Thanks again,
Ali

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back