Battle pics

Seabass

Scholar
I'm doing a small explanation/seminar on Larping for a project. I need some really great photos for the slide show and I was hoping to feature a wide range of chapter, people, and costuming. Most important are really great field battles. It doesn't really matter when they are from or what chapter just need some good large scale fights (even if from previous National events so long as it sticks to main game look of Alliance). Anyone got any good links or some personal pictures they would like to show off? If you have some really great single shots that would be great too.

If you like pm me with them or just post it here. Anything would be great!

Thanks much!

Thanks for that! I just went through the rest of the board and saw the poster contest post. If anyone in the contest would like any of the pictures I pick up or just access to them please let me know. I might try to make one myself but I didn't want to step on any toes.

Also does anyone have any live fight footage? Sound won't be necessary as there will be a music track over it.

Make sure you clear pics for something like a poster with whoever's in them before publishing. I know I would rather prefer not to be the public face of the Alliance without my knowledge, and other players have the same reservations.

Wraith said:
Make sure you clear pics for something like a poster with whoever's in them before publishing. I know I would rather prefer not to be the public face of the Alliance without my knowledge, and other players have the same reservations.

It would seem to me that having your picture taken at an event would be the same as if the same thing happened at a theme park or museum or somewhere similar. Attendance would indicate willingness to have your likeness used for publicity. I don't know the legal issues ivovled though. I know my picture is used on more than one Alliance website and my personal permission was never asked for. I don't mind but, as you said, others might.

Actually, yes it was Mike... it's on the release we sign. ;)

Ezri said:
Actually, yes it was Mike... it's on the release we sign. ;)

Just after I posted I realized that it might be there. I get new players to sign them all the time but it's been so long since I've actually read the waiver.

Well that being the case or not I would choose to do the polite thing. However the submission might not get approved since it will be for 1 of 3 slots out of some 45 submissions. Should it get approved I am free to edit as I see fit. Even then the presentation is not for a paying venue but for a select group of open minded students. Needless to say should any one be highlighted I can always track them down as best I can and as for permission. Other than the trouble of finding them I have no trouble in making the effort.

I hadn't read your initial post for a while. I was thinking you were asking for pics for the Alliance poster contest.

Found out about it after the fact.

Though I might try for the poster now that I know of it. So the concern still stands. If my project gets approved I think I will just post it here to let the heads of house check it out and anyone else looking for objections. If it doesn't then no harm done and no worries.

Off topic completely; since you are a fan of the "chibbi avatar little things" you might like my family portrait poster:

http://9-5gaming.deviantart.com/art/Order-of-the-Emerald-Flame-82295685

Seabass said:
I'm doing a small explanation/seminar on Larping for a project. I need some really great photos for the slide show and I was hoping to feature a wide range of chapter, people, and costuming. Most important are really great field battles. It doesn't really matter when they are from or what chapter just need some good large scale fights (even if from previous National events so long as it sticks to main game look of Alliance). Anyone got any good links or some personal pictures they would like to show off? If you have some really great single shots that would be great too.

If you like pm me with them or just post it here. Anything would be great!

Thanks much!

I have photos taken from Oregon and Seattle Chapters
Your welcome to have a look through my gallery:
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/ ... ce%20LARP/

Back