Resolved Battle Scrolls held before you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobius

Squire
Chicago Staff
Marshal
¿What are the physical requirements for using a Battle Magic Scroll specifically in regard to how they are held and presented? I present a number of scenarios which are common (below). ¿Are they all viable ways to use Battle Magic Scrolls?
  • Secured in a wrist bracer (i.e. football wrist coach) while still maintaining all other requirements.
  • Kept in a book and used while still maintaining all other requirements.
  • Taped to a shield and used while still maintaining all other requirements.
  • Left on a table and used while still maintaining all other requirements.
  • Attached to the backpack of a friend in front of you while still maintaining all other requirements.

Relevant text from ARB (2.1.1)(emphasis mine)
"Battle Magic Scroll Rules
Battle Magic Scrolls can only be used by a Character with the Read Magic skill. A Character can use a battle magic scroll no higher than four levels above their highest level Celestial Spell Slot; if they have only Read Magic they can read up to a 4th level battle magic scroll.

Battle Magic Scroll physreps must be at least 16 square inches and must have an Adventuring Equipment tag to be viable. To use a Battle Magic Scroll, you must hold the Scroll before you, touch a packet to it, read the Scroll out loud, and then touch cast or throw the packet at your target. You must have enough light to read the Scroll, and the entirety of the scroll must be visible."

• Secured in a wrist bracer (i.e. football wrist coach) while still maintaining all other requirements.
  • Kept in a book and used while still maintaining all other requirements.
  • Taped to a shield and used while still maintaining all other requirements.
  • Left on a table and used while still maintaining all other requirements.
  • Attached to the backpack of a friend in front of you while still maintaining all other requirements.
All of these are fine.

Essentially, "hold the scroll before you" implies that the scroll must be in your field of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back